Star Wars: Battlefront

Neovalen

I dunno about Immersive, but it is impressive. The fact that you have 'pods' to get vehicles makes little sense to me, for example... why aren't they there spawned to begin with? That said, smooth running graphics on high settings. Still will likely not grab it due to lack of SP campaign, but if this is similar to what I can expect in later games, then perhaps EA has some hope after all.

I only managed to play couple of matches, the ones where you need to secure the pods - it's excellent fun! The price puts me off a little though :/

It's the standard price of $60 for a AAA release, so that doesn't seem high imo. Only $10 more for a few early unlocks and an emote, no big deal and skippable for the money concious.

4 DLCS for $50 ($15 each separately)... it may seem high but I have never been disappointed by DICE DLC from Battlefield, I expect nothing less for Battlefront so likely well worth it given what I've seen of the base game. Can always be purchased later. First DLC (Jakku) is free for all after The Force Awakens is out.

I dunno about Immersive, but it is impressive. The fact that you have 'pods' to get vehicles makes little sense to me, for example... why aren't they there spawned to begin with? That said, smooth running graphics on high settings. Still will likely not grab it due to lack of SP campaign, but if this is similar to what I can expect in later games, then perhaps EA has some hope after all.

The powerups system was the only unimmersive portion and I agree a different pickup/vehicle system would be better in that regard. The graphics, art direction, sound effects, music, feel of the weapons, etc. screams atmosphere. Turn off the UI and it's insane how the game draws you in to the universe.

The power up system does keep the action flowing however, so I can see why they went with it. Luckily the icons are translucent and don't kill the atmosphere, imo.

It's the standard price of $60 for a AAA release, so that doesn't seem high imo. Only $10 more for a few early unlocks and an emote, no big deal and skippable for the money concious.

4 DLCS for $50 ($15 each separately)... it may seem high but I have never been disappointed by DICE DLC from Battlefield, I expect nothing less for Battlefront so likely well worth it given what I've seen of the base game. Can always be purchased later. First DLC (Jakku) is free for all after The Force Awakens is out.

Hm... To me 60 bucks is too high for an online shooter. I didn't realise the price of the DLCs either! Is there a storyline? I've never played BF games before, not a big fan of online shooter... I just prefer games with storyline or sandboxes. 

Battlefield does have a single player story mode, I generally enjoy it but that's not why people buy it. It's the one of a kind online experience and teamplay.

Battlefront will NOT have a story campaign but will have single or co-op mini stories (aka missions). The primary draw and purpose is the online portion. I will likely play 600+ hours on Battlefront (as I do playing Battlefield) so $120 for the full package well worth it to me.

Oddly enough I don't like shooters in general but love the Atmosphere and Teamplay of DICE shooters and will always buy them for the fun factor. Doesn't hurt that they look and sound great too. :)

You probably didn't play enough to notice but the battle above drop zone changes based on how you do on the ground. That is, if the imperial are winning some of the frigates/cruisers come crashing to the planet, similarly the Star Destroyers crash if Rebels are winning. Also there are random worm creatures that appear and in general the finishing touches are great.

Keep in mind the Beta is just a fraction of the full game. 4 planets, 8 game modes, more unlocks, appearance customization, challenges, and a ranking system well above the 5 max.

No way am I buying the $120 edition of this game. If I wanted to spend that much at once on a single game, I would seek out a collector's edition, those give you something physical to have on hand for around the same or even less than the all-digital pack costs. It's questionable in the first place why the game's season pass needs to be $50, when more expansive games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 only charge $30 and $25 for their season passes respectively.

Kinda damaged my interest in the game, and it seems that beyond the added aesthetic polish, the 10-year old Battlefront II looks to be a lot more complete anyways. Besides, I've got many other games to hold my interest, and I'm anticipating both Fallout 4 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (now that the Augment your Preorder taint for the latter is gone).

Battlefront looks like lousy contentless mod for BF4. I am probably fairly biased, because I don't like Star Wars, I never played any related game and I never saw the films but even so, the game just looks pretty crappy. 4k means nothing when there's nothing to look at (and the map is exactly that, absolutely nothing covered in snow). The characters look like photos photoshopped onto drawn picture, guns look and sound almost exactly the same, animations are weird, and it all stinks of Hardline. Oh and the last drop when trying to make an unbiased opinion was when I saw someone pick up a shiny ball an turn into Luke Asswalker who instakilled everyone while jumping 10 metres high and 50 far around the map. I am sorry, but that's ridiculous.

The game is probably meant as extremely simple arcade shooter with not even half the depth of Battlefield 4, aimed at militant Star Wars fans, but even if that's true, I think it will get boring extremely quickly.

P.S. I didn't play the beta, I only watched people play it on Twitch.