STEP Installed over clean vanilla Skyrim... what to backup?

ChatteringCat

Question

I came back to Skyrim after a year or so on a new laptop, so I needed to reinstall and my old, haphazard mix of mods and ENB was no longer functional. I found the STEP guide and I followed it to the end.

I am probably missing it in the instructions, and my understanding of how Skyrim and Mod Organizer work is fairly week, so I was hoping I could get an answer to this question:

Now that I have Skyrim installed and functional after completing the full STEP guide (I only left out a few mods, nothing critical I hope, but there were some broken links), how do I back everything up so I can return to this when I inevitably mess it up?

My guesses:

Backup the 3 Skyrim directories as specified for backing up under the vanilla Skyrim installation guide...

Backup the mods... somehow? I think Mod Organizer comes into this? I don't really understand the profiles thing. 

I am pretty sure the oddest/most potentially damaging thing I will try to install over the current STEP setup is an ENB.

Thanks for any help that you can provide. Again, I am sure this is in the guide somewhere, since it is such a detailed guide.

2 answers to this question

Also, if you don't want to download all of those files again, you should backup the 'downloads' folder.

Lastly the ModOrganizer.ini contains all the settings for your MO and the tools that you use. If you can re-install into the same folder structure on the new system this file will restore the UI to how you left it.