Wonders of Weather (by isoku)

hishutup

• 3 weeks later...

It's tentatively accepted for the next update to replace Rainbows and Shooting Stars. We just released 2.2.9.1 so the next update is still a few weeks away depending on how big we want it to be. We'll probably start making stuff official soon.

EDIT: Apparently there is an issue with this mod that needs to be looked into. Something about performance during rain and crappy looking shooting stars.

I've tested this out...

Splash of Rain:

I tested in an area where I was getting a solid 60FPS to determine whether or not this was actually causing any drops in performance and then I tested in a town to see if the added weight made a difference. I tested with clear weather (81a) vs rain storm (c8220). The mod didn't affect performance any in the area I tested with solid performance. Framerate didn't change at all. I turned off the Performance option and I lost 1 FPS from time to time. Inside a town, I noticed perhaps a 2-3 FPS drop while it was raining. This was the same for the standalone mod as well so there's no difference between the standalone vs Wonders of Weather.

On a side note, anyone that has performance issues or doesn't like the effect of Splash of Rain can simply turn it off in the MCM menu, if they so choose...problem solved.

Shooting Stars:

I "fast forwarded" time to one of the dates for shooting stars and stared at the sky for half the night. I didn't notice any issues. The shooting stars looked nice. Looking at the files, I see no difference just from the folders.

Voting for this to be included in this next release. I see no issues here and it optimizes the Guide a bit.

I actually removed Rainbows and Shooting Stars from the dev guide already since I thought going to this mod was a no-brainer. Good to know that you tested it out without any issue.

I vote to have this mod in as well.

Accepted for 2.2.9.2 or w/e we decided to call the next version.

• 4 months later...