MO Won't Start

anonymous2444

Question

Hello!

I have a big problem with never version of MO (1.3.1-1.3.4).

So, I can't manage to run MO. I simply start the newest clean install of MO, cursor is "busy", Mo creates some files and folders and thats it. It's not in process manager, sometimes it happens to see it for 1ms and thats all. I couldn't find anything similar anywhere. No, I don't have Windows XP, I'm on Windows 7 thats why it's so weird. MO version 1.2.18 works completely stable, no issues with running nor MO nor skyrim. Did i miss something?

Regards!

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Anonymous2444/SystemSpecs

11 answers to this question

I'm fairly certain those messages have something to do with the Qt libraries used by MO finding a mismatched DLL used by some OpenSSL software installed on your system.

@Tannin added some info to the MO description page's FAQ (3rd last item) based on an issue we looked at here. Althought the specifics of how the error was generated are different, based on a search through the Qt forum, it is somewhat linked.

My advice would be to examine your system for any software that uses the OpenSSL software and see if you can get that updated.

EDIT:

Link changed to point to the current issues page on GitHub.

I've tried both. Now it's "C:\Users\NotMeAtAll\Downloads\Mod Organizer v1_3_4-1334-1-3-4\ModOrganizer\ModOrganizer.exe". Blaming spaces perhaps (i shall try without spaces)? :D

EDIT

Still nothing even without spaces :D

Edited by anonymous2444

Firstly I'd look at installing it in a more user-friendly location than the one you currently are using, but that's not at issue, just a personal preference.

Regardless of where you have it there should be a 'logs' folder under the MO root folder. Are there any logs generated and what do they say?

Well it's not my normal location. Stable version of MO is kept here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\". Logs. Freaking logs. How could I not think about logs? There is one file in logs folder generated tight after "not running". It's named mo_interface and it's says:

03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
03:33:54 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
03:33:54 [W] QMutex: destroying locked mutex

Thank you so much about logs! :D Still I can't clearly say what does it mean.

Today i finally  fixed that thing. Thank you so much GrantSP! I used Sysinternals Process Explorer that was mentioned in here from your post. I managed to determine openssl dll that MO was trying to use. I uninstalled that software since i wasn't need it anymore. Now in log file it shows:

ssl support: 0

Dunno should MO use openssl but at leats it works like a charm.

Thank you again for your help!

Edited by anonymous2444

Digging this thread up because I just had this exact issue myself and provided links throw error 500.

Most people will probably never figure out how to go dll detectiving their system so the provided answer is kind of useless.

I solved it by just installing an official OpenSSL package https://slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_2h.exe

I suggest you add this specific issue to your faq and suggest people install OpenSSL as a solution.