skyrim tilde key menu font size suddenly tiny

john7

Question

I have been playing skyrim for two years without this problem. Suddenly when I am playing skyrim and press the tilde key to enter a console command, the font size has been reduced by half. I cannot find any way to change this and therefore have no idea how it was changed. If I start skyrim through steaming pile....  oops ...I mean Steam, the font size in the tilde menu is normal size. If I start the game through Mod Manager (SKSE , Skyrim, or Skyrim Launcher) with all mods de-activated, the font size in the tilde menu is tiny. I am fifty years old and gradually losing my eye sight due to age and injury. I really need this font to go back to being the same size it always was. Any help would truly be appreciated. I am using an Alienware R-4 with Ge-force 760 , 16 gigs of ram and 4 core 8 processor i7-4820k cpu 3.7 ghz. I am beginning to wonder if there was a Skyrim update and Bethesda decided to make it harder to cheat using console commands by making the font too small to see. :(

3 answers to this question

A fresh install of Mod Organizer has fixed the problem. I thank you for your prompt reply and hope you know I love and frequently praise the amazing features of Mod Organizer. (mostly to people who don't play Skyrim....or mod....or know what the hell I'm talking about). Using NMM my game would not stay stable up to the 400th save, first time I used mod organizer my game stayed stable past 900 saves. I also frequently refer to the STEP project and it has helped me MUCH. Thanks again.

I did but I changed it back. This is the confusing part. The font or text is the same size as always if I launch through the steam website or steam task tray menu. But if I launch through mod organizer using any of the three launchers (SKSE, Skyrim, and Skyrim Launcher) the tilde key menu font and certain notifications (example: groovetamas skeleton detected on this player. have a nice day!) are tiny. 50 to 75 % smaller than usual. De-activating all mods in mod organizer should start the exact same game with the exact same steam downloaded mods as the steam launcher. I am deleting mod organizer and making a fresh install to see if that might help. I just don't see how M-O can launch a changed skyrim without any mods active.