RUSTIC DRAGON CORPSE (by Gamwich)

aaltair

I do like Gamwich's explanation as to why the bones are so old. Perhaps everyone knew this already but it wasn't something that I had considered previously.

"Aldiun is like a necromancer in that he reanimates the long dead dragons from their corpses lying in their burial mounds. Only their skeletons remained. By performing his ritual, Alduin binds the soul of the dragon with its corpse and magically the flesh is restored. When the Dovahkiin kills a dragon, it lies intact until he/she absorbs the dragon soul, which breaks the spell and the flesh burns off in a conflagration. What's left is the state the dragon was in originally.... an ancient skeleton"

• +1 2

I thought something like that, but the explanation from Gamwich puts it very nicely into words.

I put that after I read it. My point was, you can pick holes in everything, even with an explanation. He does not mention if the bones turn, he just mentions flesh.

I actually like this mod.

Neovanhalen is there no mod which adds a blood coating to dragon bones, so you can use the aesthetics of this for all dragons, but also have blood on them? Is that what Bloody Dragon Bones does, or is it a mesh texture redirection/texture edit?

Neovanhalen is there no mod which adds a blood coating to dragon bones, so you can use the aesthetics of this for all dragons, but also have blood on them? Is that what Bloody Dragon Bones does, or is it a mesh texture redirection/texture edit?

It has no esp, it does it by editing the mesh for the dragon corpse skeleton to use a new texture path iirc.