147 replies to this topic

#136 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

The guide is as good to go as its ever been. Most of the changes lately have been streamlining, mod updates, and redoing instructions for clarity.  I've been extremely busy latest as I'm switching to a new job on Friday.  The next large update won't come until the Christmas break unfortunately, but will include some more mods to the guide, some of which will be newly released.

#137 Veezy

Veezy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

I'm about to jump in and start doing this.  Any quick pointers before I begin?

#138 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

The latest Windows 10 update seems to have broken NVSR. Boris has just implemented a replacetickcount option in the latest ENB, which apprently solves most of the issues in NVSR's stead. I'm on Windows 7 and havent looked into this enough yet, but will most likely add enboost now that disablegraphics works correctly. Users on Windows 10 will want to install the latest ENB to use these features. Will try to get instructions up this weekend.

#139 axonis

axonis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

I feel ^_^  to see my VUI+ mod included as a Core suggestion. Considering that many players post high resolution screenshots here, I'd like to ask if anyone is noticing any difference in the lines used for borders and brackets (practically everywhere in the game) in version 6.4.

A minor correction: Pause Menu (a great mod) is authored by Pilamin, not me.

Edited by axonis, 10 January 2018 - 05:51 AM.

#140 Veezy

Veezy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Should FNVLodGen be downloaded during the beginning when I download the other utilities?  Also, do I need to add it twice as an executable in MO?  The steps in the guide state to add FNVEdit.exe a second time and name it FNVLODGen.  So, should I have one option that's uses the FNVLODGen exe and one that doesn't?

Thank you, in advance.

Edited by Veezy, 10 January 2018 - 04:58 PM.

#141 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

No need to download it if you already have the latest binary for xEdit.

Use commandline switches in the arguments field of MO's executables setup dialogue like this:

-FNV -LODGen -o:"D:\Games\FNVLODOutput\"

That line tells the xedit.exe to run as FNVEdit and also as the LODGen tool with the output going to the defined path.

Doing it this way means you only need to maintain one download to be up-to-date with all the versions of xEdit (TES5Edit, FO4Edit, FNVEdit, FO3Edit etc.) and all the tools that use that binary as the base such as LODGen.

#142 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

I feel ^_^  to see my VUI+ mod included as a Core suggestion. Considering that many players post high resolution screenshots here, I'd like to ask if anyone is noticing any difference in the lines used for borders and brackets (practically everywhere in the game) in version 6.4.

A minor correction: Pause Menu (a great mod) is authored by Pilamin, not me.

I'll have a look at 6.4 this weekend. You're updating them faster than I update the guide :bleh:.

Corrected the pause menu author. I copy paste one instruction to save retyping the formatting and sometimes miss details.

#143 xxPYROxxJONESxx

xxPYROxxJONESxx

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Thank you so much for all your work Adonis_VII ! are you opposed to people going through your guide and correcting grammatical errors? would you rather I post any corrections to this forum for review? or are you certain that your guide doesn't need reviewing? cheers! Oh and just out of curiosity, do you know how this guide compares to "Fear & Loathing In New Vegas" in terms of sheer quantity of mods... ill be using this guide regardless, won't install until after 3.0 is released though.

*** bit of a stupid question, I just skimmed the guides and can see they have roughly the same amount of mods (well in a sense it almost has twice as many mods)

Edited by xxPYROxxJONESxx, 16 January 2018 - 01:28 PM.

#144 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:18 AM

Thank you so much for all your work Adonis_VII ! are you opposed to people going through your guide and correcting grammatical errors? would you rather I post any corrections to this forum for review? or are you certain that your guide doesn't need reviewing? cheers! Oh and just out of curiosity, do you know how this guide compares to "Fear & Loathing In New Vegas" in terms of sheer quantity of mods... ill be using this guide regardless, won't install until after 3.0 is released though.

*** bit of a stupid question, I just skimmed the guides and can see they have roughly the same amount of mods (well in a sense it almost has twice as many mods)

It can always use reviewing. I've looked at it so many times my eyes glaze over many parts, so fresh eyes are always welcome! You can correct grammar on the page or post of the forum.

Fear & Loathing has many more mods (.esp) than this one. I personally prefer to keep things lighter, especially as the mod count effectively doubles if you have a ttw patch for every FNV esp.

There will be another purge of some of the current mods (including most or all of PN) when 3.0 comes out as well as some new additions by Roy and myself.  I'm currently modding for 3.0 as I have access to the latest version for testing.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 18 January 2018 - 03:18 AM.

#145 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

It can always use reviewing. I've looked at it so many times my eyes glaze over many parts, so fresh eyes are always welcome! You can correct grammar on the page or post of the forum.

Fear & Loathing has many more mods (.esp) than this one. I personally prefer to keep things lighter, especially as the mod count effectively doubles if you have a ttw patch for every FNV esp.

There will be another purge of some of the current mods (including most or all of PN) when 3.0 comes out as well as some new additions by Roy and myself.  I'm currently modding for 3.0 as I have access to the latest version for testing.

Oh you're removing PN stuff?  That's interesting.  I look forward to 3.0 release, I've been itching to play Fallout 3's worldspace again honestly and Roy's done some tremendous work with Rivet City's orientation in his little video on YT of it.  Getting lost there was a reality I hated a lot. 

Cheers!

Edited by ZidanReign, 18 January 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#146 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:07 AM

Oh you're removing PN stuff?  That's interesting.  I look forward to 3.0 release, I've been itching to play Fallout 3's worldspace again honestly and Roy's done some tremendous work with Rivet City's orientation in his little video on YT of it.  Getting lost there was a reality I hated a lot. 

Cheers!

So for rebalance, I'll have my Ingestibles and Survival Overhaul for survival components, CaliberX for ammo, and possibly options for BLEED or another upcoming weapon overhaul for the combat aspects.  Once these are in place, they will replace PN rebalance. I have come to strongly dislike the Equipment and Cybernetics modules, so what will stay is PN core for those who want some of the features.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 19 January 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#147 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Ah those modules.  Yeah, core is really whats important honestly.  Those rest can be covered by the other mods easily.  Though I'll probably still stick with Solid Project even if it introduces some script lag (I'll just turn off features I don't want) for its animated sprint.  It's hard to part away from after moving from PN Sprint lol

Edited by ZidanReign, 19 January 2018 - 02:58 PM.

#148 sr383

sr383

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

There's an instruction in the alpha install guide that didn't make it into the STEP guide, but I think I would be helpful:

• Make these changes:
    • SCharGenQuest = 001FFFF8
    • sIntroMovie = (yes this one is blank on purpose, it needs to be blank)
    • bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1
  • Mod Organizer: If you're using MO and want to add the .ini edits, open the ini editor inside Mod Organizer.

Yes, the second and third changes are referenced, but the first one is not.

Of course, the FOMOD is supposed to update the Fallout.ini automatically, but it doesn't work as intended within MO. I think this is a known issue, and that's why TTW_StartupMenu.esp is included with the hotfix.

The esp works, but why add an extra esp if you're always going to be starting from DC? So I sent that file to optionals and added the ini edit to my TTW main mod. Now, the startup works as intended, without a menu prompt and without a wasted esp slot.

Edited by sr383, 11 February 2018 - 12:09 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallout_NV, fallout_nv, ttw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users