116 replies to this topic

#31 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:12 AM

I installed the DarnUI TTW version but I'm not sure about all the HUD settings in the MCM. Most are empty and one shows a 505 error.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get UI elements to work with iHUD. Looks like DarnUI is providing some and they are different to those modified by iHUD. Could be way off on that, didn't really spend too much time on it, I was too focussed on enjoying Fallout 3 in the FNV engine. Wow!

#32 MosAnted

MosAnted

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Yeah I think I'll stay with NV DarnUI until the TTW version gets proper iHUD compatibility.

#33 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

I installed the DarnUI TTW version but I'm not sure about all the HUD settings in the MCM. Most are empty and one shows a 505 error.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get UI elements to work with iHUD. Looks like DarnUI is providing some and they are different to those modified by iHUD. Could be way off on that, didn't really spend too much time on it, I was too focussed on enjoying Fallout 3 in the FNV engine. Wow!

Ha ha, the jokes on me. A simple read through on the download page would told me as much. RTFM!

#34 MosAnted

MosAnted

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

Can the TTW optional plugins be merged together?

#35 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Can the TTW optional plugins be merged together?

I wouldn't.  The easily merged options have already been merged into the MCM Optional a couple months ago.

#36 dekjo

dekjo

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

In World of Tomorrow, you have the NPC B option that uses NV Redesign 3, which I think looks great in the videos the mod author posted to Nexus. The install instructions for NV Redesign 3 say "This mod requires Fallout Character Overhaul" but FCO isn't mentioned in World of Tomorrow and you included it in a list of mods not working with TTW in your response to my post in the Fear & Loathing thread. So I should ignore the mod author and skip FCO entirely if I want to use TTW Project Beauty and NV Redesign 3? 

#37 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

First, in response to your other post, Flashlight NVSE has a patch here: https://taleoftwowas...flashlight-nvse (Still things I need to add to the guide that I have working in my MO setup)

As to the NPC B, its just that I haven't finished that section yet.  Following the F&L NPC setup should work fine with the Project Beauty mod covering Capital Wasteland side of things.  The only way that NPC/Character mods break TTW is if they add a new race without a corresponding child race. Drumber fixed that awhile ago.  

I'm building new mods and patches and am working with early dev builds of certain mods, so some parts of the guide haven't gotten love as I'm trying to push them out.

EDIT: here is FCO patch https://taleoftwowas...-overhaul-ttw-0 to fix a couple races he missed.  Note I haven't tested it myself yet.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 19 July 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#38 dekjo

dekjo

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

Okay - thanks for the links and information. I'll continue messing around with your World of Tomorrow documentation, along with the F&L and C&PD STEPs and anything I can find in the forums/TTW site, while I get my feet wet and learn what's out there, what I want to use, and what can work together. I'll play around with and without FCO to see what works and what doesn't (and to see if I even know enough to know if things work or not! :D). 

#39 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

There is unfortunately quite a bit of stuff that is hard to get perm to fix/convert for.  I was talking to Roy about using binary patchers to fix some of the mods, particularly all those quest mods that still use .esps even though it's widely known that doing so breaks Navmeshes.

#40 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

In response to Daagar

Adonis - I know your wiki clearly states WIP, but just how far is it from working? I was hoping to step (hah) through it and start cobbling something together, but was curious what the highly fragile parts are at this time. I'm personally going for more of the texture/character/ui stuff (you have nice screenshots!), and less concerned about perk/gameplay/mechanic overhauls.

• Some of WMX patches for custom uniques WEP, FO3 Hirezd. 
  • The NPC section dealing with FCO or NV Redesigned.  I just haven't looked at it. Option A works fine without having jarring differences. The recent FCO TTW mods might fill it out soon Option B & C (Full FCO or FCO+NVR3).
  • Instructions I've missed, like ADAM (just use SRB's)
  • Need to redo XChainsaw and Weapon Mesh Improvement esp (can choose just Millenia replacer option for now)
  • Load Order. TTW mods can need different orders or not be sorted by LOOT.  It has gotten alot better lately. When I ran it last week and I only needed a couple custom changes to metarules, so if you have a good idea of modding its easily workable, just not as clear cut and nice as what SRB has been able to do.
  • Merge/Bash patch.  If you know how to do this you're fine.
  • FSO/Strip Open: FSO + FSO-Streelights patch + FSO+TTW patch on github work fine. Strip Open isn't quite as finished.  I'm not adding them as I don't feel its best until they get full release on nexus, though by all means you can do FSO, Though I can't remember if a door or two from Interiors needs a patch or not. 

Edited by Adonis_VII, 25 July 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#41 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Lord

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:23 AM

Just curious, what are you using for a UI? Just the default New Vegas one, or are you running with Darn's New Vegas version?

If the latter, how would you suggest installing it?

#42 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

I've just been running with the default UI as I tend to play sitting back with a controller, which is why I haven't played with things like FPS wheel just yet, though I've been meaning to test luthiens controller extension.

#43 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Lord

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

Ah cheers. Just what I wanted to know.

I'm thinking between your guide and the core mods and the other one that has a few quest mods in it I might have a play with this whole setup over my coming holidays.

#44 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:09 AM

In general though, most UI mods are indifferent to other non UI mods and can be used with TTW without issue.  The "TTW Darn" was really just another version of Darn that just happened to be hosted on TTW forums. NVSE flashlight has a TTW patch, and I think Gopher's Advance recon mods will need patch, but otherwise UI mods can be installed as outlined by SRB.

#45 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

Guide needs a little update ( Well .. it will when TTW catches up with YUP )

REPCONN Test Site Fixes (FNV)

• Author: Yukichigai
  • Version: v0.2
  • Note: This was accidentally left out of YUP and is not in TTWFixes.

As of version 10 of YUP yesterday, REPCONN Test Site fixes is included in YUP

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout_nv, ttw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users