135 replies to this topic

#106 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Most will probably have seen it by now, but here is the public changelog for TTW 3.0 so far: https://taleoftwowas...-public-dev-log

#107 Bandy

Bandy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

Yes, it is a massive change log, very impressive effort by all involved.

I've just about finished my ingestibles and survival overhaul as well and will be adding that. Just my luck however, TTW 3.0 is about to come out very soon. They've already distributed it to some of the main testers who've already made patches ready for when it drops.

Really looking forward to an improved way to survive. 

I don't know much about mod interactions/conflicts and TTW updates, but do you believe many mods in your guide (geared for 2.9.4b) are going to be specific to that version?  Most TTW compatible mods I've noticed have been precisely that, compatible for several iterations of TTW.

Time will tell of course, just wondering if I should start banking free time for another install session soon... :)

Edited by Bandy, 21 December 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#108 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

Most of them should be fine. The largest compatibility issues are the navmesh changes, companions, and quests. Most of the mods won't have issues, and the ones that do will just need a couple formids changed, or fields updated. That said I won't be doing final merge patch to release for the guide to resolve the last little conflicts until after 3.0 has come out.

#109 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:38 AM

I should also note that now that the TTW .esm will be the same version as FNV files in 3.0, Wyre Flash should work better without throwing issues due to the different headers.

#110 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

I've pushed the update through, though it will need another when TTW 3.0 launches soon.

#111 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

WooHoo!!

#112 darkside

darkside

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

@Adonis_VII / Anyone?
I almost finished FNV and DLCs. What is your opinion on playing TTW compare to playing FNV and FO3 separately?

Edited by darkside, 17 January 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#113 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

I've played FNV & FO3 so for me TTW is logical next step. You get all of the goodness of the superior FNV engine with all the stuff from both games included. Win/win IMHO.

Admittedly there are a few mods that aren't compatible, but the number of them is diminishing as more are being converted.

#114 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

I honestly use my TTW setup for separate DC/mojave wasteland playthroughs, as do quite of a few of the actual team members. While there is content connecting the two, using the TTW optionals along with PN XP settings allows one to choose either a combined wasteland or a single wasteland playthrough as desired. 

In a combined playthrough, the NV start is the most unpolished part as you can start off extremely overpowered for Goodsprings up to Nipton, though there are some mods that address this. 

Playing just DC in TTW vs FO3, I'd have to go for TTW, especially in 3.0 where the polish really starts to shine.  Not only do you have the improved feature set of FNV (iron sights, weapon mods, crafting, survival, hardcore, reputations-factions, DR/DT system, etc) built in from the get go, the team has really overhauled the progression in DC along with the DLCs.  For example, FO3 had many bandages to try and shove things together like the "Point Lookout Solution,"  where swamp rednecks are have an extreme difficulty jump by ignoring the players DR while having an extreme amount of DR themselves because the DLC came out after many people had reached max level. Zeta had similar issues.  These bandages have been removed and replaced with a more gradual progression curve a la New Vegas.

I do have to say though, for me, the biggest thing still missing for TTW is a good fast travel mod, either the motorcycle or caravans found in FWE.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 18 January 2017 - 12:00 AM.

#115 Freeway

Freeway

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

I honestly use my TTW setup for separate DC/mojave wasteland playthroughs, as do quite of a few of the actual team members. While there is content connecting the two, using the TTW optionals along with PN XP settings allows one to choose either a combined wasteland or a single wasteland playthrough as desired. 

In a combined playthrough, the NV start is the most unpolished part as you can start off extremely overpowered for Goodsprings up to Nipton, though there are some mods that address this. 

Playing just DC in TTW vs FO3, I'd have to go for TTW, especially in 3.0 where the polish really starts to shine.  Not only do you have the improved feature set of FNV (iron sights, weapon mods, crafting, survival, hardcore, reputations-factions, DR/DT system, etc) built in from the get go, the team has really overhauled the progression in DC along with the DLCs.  For example, FO3 had many bandages to try and shove things together like the "Point Lookout Solution,"  where swamp rednecks are have an extreme difficulty jump by ignoring the players DR while having an extreme amount of DR themselves because the DLC came out after many people had reached max level. Zeta had similar issues.  These bandages have been removed and replaced with a more gradual progression curve a la New Vegas.

I do have to say though, for me, the biggest thing still missing for TTW is a good fast travel mod, either the motorcycle or caravans found in FWE.

In your opinion, is it worth waiting for TTW 3.0 or is the current TTW Alpha bug-free enough to mod(using your WoT guide)? I started modding FO3 and the number of compat issues and patches compared to NV installs is pissing me off.

#116 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:41 AM

TTW is Alpha because it is not feature complete. It is pretty damn stable.  That said, the current TTWFixes is on YUP v9 instead of YUP v10, so it is missing fixes from the past year or so. TTWFixes in TTW 3.0 will be rebuilt so that you actually use the latest YUP in conjunction with TTWFixes.  The biggest boon for 3.0 will be the balance pass in my opinion.

I personally am waiting for TTW 3.0, mostly because I am working on 2 of my mods that I want to release around when 3.0 does, my LOD mod and my Ingestibles Overhaul.

#117 Freeway

Freeway

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

TTW is Alpha because it is not feature complete. It is pretty damn stable.  That said, the current TTWFixes is on YUP v9 instead of YUP v10, so it is missing fixes from the past year or so. TTWFixes in TTW 3.0 will be rebuilt so that you actually use the latest YUP in conjunction with TTWFixes.  The biggest boon for 3.0 will be the balance pass in my opinion.

I personally am waiting for TTW 3.0, mostly because I am working on 2 of my mods that I want to release around when 3.0 does, my LOD mod and my Ingestibles Overhaul.

Nice, I think I will wait for TTW 3.0 then.

#118 darthbdaman

darthbdaman

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

FYI I updated book of steel, It should work fine when 3.0 comes out now. I also removed id2301 Tesla retexture, as it frankly wasn't up to the quality of his or cabals other mods. I now recommend this mod. Its not too fancy, but it's simple, and doesn't look overly grainy like some other retextures I tested

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/62853/?

#119 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

Yeah I had noticed it updated, but I haven't gotten to looking at the other texture yet. I will agree though that ids' latest textures, such as the robots, seem 85% of the way there, but not amazing like his early work or cabal's. I'll update them next pass of the guide when I have a chance over the next week.

#120 darthbdaman

darthbdaman

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

I've been trying to fix his Tesla armor, but it's slow going. If I do I'll just release it with Book of Steel anyway. It's open permission

Edited by darthbdaman, 09 April 2017 - 12:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallout_NV, fallout_nv, ttw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users