• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Himself

Himself

Prisoner

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

Surprised to find theres a guide for TTW! I just asked for such at the develop news topic of TTW 3.0 - https://taleoftwowas...8#comment-55308

Thanks Adonis!! I'll be sure to give the guide a run in the next weeks, while waiting for 3.0

Edited by Himself, 02 May 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#122 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

Sure thing.  There are things in the guide that need updating/overhauling but it should be stable if you do the merge patch correctly. I'll go over it again with a fine toothed comb when 3.0 launches but I've been busy making mods like this one:

https://www.youtube....h?v=m8jp2zqJWTA

#123 Himself

Himself

Prisoner

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

You should really add a step or at least a mention in where to install DARN UI, stupids like me only realize theres no darn in there after installing MCM or other UI stuff that must go after darn, now gotta revert back a few steps to darnify xD

Seems the nice new metro views are an enhancement to the mod you have converted here? http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/58110/?
Have you released any other version of that? The one in the link seems to have been last updated 2 years ago ^^

Edited by Himself, 14 June 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#124 Bandy

Bandy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Wow Adonis, open Metro cars is really fine work.  I'm not ragging here, but if only the doors could be animated, it would be, ummm, sliced bread!

I ride the DC Metro everyday into work, and it's just about as reliable as the TTW version.

#125 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

I remember I tried modding TTW way back when, but I always had this issue with Fallout 3 that when you get near the areas you go through during the final main quest where Enclave Troopers usually would spawn, they would Spawn continuously when I got near the cell.  While I now have significant modding experience since those days, I always wondered what caused this.  Was this a vanilla FO3 problem or a TTW problem or a mod that conflicted?  

Edited by ZidanReign, 17 June 2017 - 10:19 AM.

#126 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:43 PM

You should really add a step or at least a mention in where to install DARN UI, stupids like me only realize theres no darn in there after installing MCM or other UI stuff that must go after darn, now gotta revert back a few steps to darnify xD

Seems the nice new metro views are an enhancement to the mod you have converted here? http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/58110/?
Have you released any other version of that? The one in the link seems to have been last updated 2 years ago ^^

I don't mention DARN UI as I do not support it with the guide and it is not intended to be used. Vanilla UI Plus is used instead. The guide is meant to be device agnostic, allowing either mouse or controller. Darn UI is too small for sitting on the couch and playing with a controller. It also doesn't look right given the feel they are going for with the screens.

No updated version of MCI release yet. I will probably do a quick update for 3.0 to fix a couple small things.

Wow Adonis, open Metro cars is really fine work.  I'm not ragging here, but if only the doors could be animated, it would be, ummm, sliced bread!

I ride the DC Metro everyday into work, and it's just about as reliable as the TTW version.

Don't worry, those are just placeholders. I'm working with Pixelhate for animations of the metro car and boxcar doors!

I remember I tried modding TTW way back when, but I always had this issue with Fallout 3 that when you get near the areas you go through during the final main quest where Enclave Troopers usually would spawn, they would Spawn continuously when I got near the cell.  While I now have significant modding experience since those days, I always wondered what caused this.  Was this a vanilla FO3 problem or a TTW problem or a mod that conflicted?  

I believe this is a mod conflict, but the last I've heard of this issue has been some time ago now.

#127 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

I believe this is a mod conflict, but the last I've heard of this issue has been some time ago now.

I did some research, it was some very annoying bug from Powered Power Armor or something.  Well whenever I decide I try the guide out or when 3.0 releases, it'd be nice to enjoy the Capital Wasteland again.  

Btw mod suggestion, if its allowed here would be RoyBatty's recent Transparent Nuka Cola Bottles.  It doesn't conflict with texture replacers as long as it's installed first and finally we have transparent nuka bottles that look very nice.

Edited by ZidanReign, 19 June 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#128 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

You are allowed to make suggestions. Roy's mod is on my list to get to as well as id's most recent 2 robots.

#129 Himself

Himself

Prisoner

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

Adonis, I'm thinking about writing a short/informative guide to aid in TTW basic install/setup, gonna leave it in TTW forums to try and reduce/help the amount of user error game setup topics in there.

Can I have your permission to link into sections of your guide when applicable?
Going to ask EssArrBee as well =]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout_nv, ttw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users