Vanilla Reduced Textures

Besidilo

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use MO so in case this problem is limited to my organizer but I love the performance of this mod but for some reason it continues to overwrite my amidianborn and other various armor and weapon texture mods and possibly others even though they are loaded after the VanillaReducedTextures.esp. I am at a loss.  Thanks in advance for any advice

Edited by bonsante89

In MO, the left pane determines what textures and other assets overwrite what.

Place the vanilla reduced textures near the top of the left pane. If you are using the Legendary version then place it just after Dragonborn.

This mod precludes using the STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures or any of the High Res content. Pick one or the other. :-P

• 2 months later...

@ Bonsante - A bit late here with a reply but hopefully Nebulous answer solved it

I personally only use Wrye Bash as a mod manager, so cannot really advise, hence the note in the Description on Nexus under "Installation" which reads "Nexus Mod Manager, Wrye Bash or Mod Organizer ( or anything else out there now or in the future ) - See the relevant documentation / help files / read me's for your mod manager of choice on how to install / un-install mods."

Such questions are best fired at the tool authors, because Mod Authors may be as clueless as yourself with regards using them.

On a couple other mods of mine I have scripting for auto-installation via Wrye Bash Wizard, and also NMM scripting ( which I have had installed a couple of times just to test the scripting worked fine ) .. MO I presume also to work fine if it adopts the same FOMod scripting method as NMM

But for semi-automated simple installations ( such as Vanilla Reduced Textures is ), which does not need any scripting, I would have thought would install trouble free for anyone really.

Its just a case of installing an .esp and a .bsa into data\, then getting your Load Order right so that if you wish my textures to override textures in any other .bsa's then my mod needs to load later.

Loose texture files will obviously override textures in my .bsa, because loose files are always loaded last

• 2 months later...

Note : For Skyrim SE, I will not be updating VRT for use in that game. Unfortunately its going to need a lot more attention to detail than just a repack, and I do not have the time to spend on it. Sorry if anyone was hoping. I would not try to use VRT with Skyrim SE either, you will see problems with landscape textures ( possibly even causing CTD, the new landscape normals have alpha channels which are necessary ), or maybe water flow textures will not mesh with old optimised water textures in this mod .. And more than likely a few other issues I will not be looking into.
Optimally they really need to be repacked in the new BA2 Texture BSA aswell. LZ4 ( the new BSA compression for SE ) is 7 times faster at decompressing files from the new BA2, than the old zlib BSAs which Skyrim uses.

• 1 year later...

In MO, the left pane determines what textures and other assets overwrite what.

Place the vanilla reduced textures near the top of the left pane. If you are using the Legendary version then place it just after Dragonborn.

This mod precludes using the STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures or any of the High Res content. Pick one or the other. :-P

Good day. I just want to be sure. If using Vanilla Reduced Textures, should I also disable the official High Res Texture Packs, Unofficial High Resolution Patch and Optimized Vanilla Textures?

Thank you. :-)

This mod is primarily intended for use with older video cards (or perhaps mobile video cards) that struggle with even the standard resolution vanilla textures included in the base game so you should not use the STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures or the High Resolution Texture Pack in this case. Note that this mod reduces the resolution of the textures below that of the original vanilla textures so the game can work on some older hardware (and possibly some laptops).

If you can reliably use either the standard resolutions textures included in the base game or the High Resolution Texture Pack without taxing your video card, you'll want to go with something like the STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures that retain the original resolution of the vanilla textures.