Realistic HD Baskets by Halk_Hogan_PL
Wiki Link

Accepted for STEP v2.2.9.2 for Core.

• Replaces HD Baskets.
  • Recommend Quality/1024x version.

• All baskets are reworked
  • Vanilla friendly
  • Smoothed and optimized meshes

4 different material styles of baskets, each of them has a different high quality 2048x2048 seamless texture (1024 and 512 also available)

EDIT:
BTW, looking at screenshots on the Nexus, I think these look really nice - good textures, smooth meshes, and a range of texture qualities.

Edited by TechAngel85
  • +1 1

Just wondering if the issue raised by Nazenn on the Nexus will cause problems

I had posted this over on your HD Misc page but going to copy paste it here because I just checked and noticed that this mod has the exact same problem once again :
"I started using your mod after recently deciding to use Skyrim 2015 Shaders which has this as a requirement, however as I was going through your textures and checking what size they were, I noticed that all of your normal maps are very broken and have persistant black dots all through them on the performance versions of all mods that I checked, HD Misc, HD Food and HD Blacksmith (and now HD Baskets).
This creates some several visual glitching most prominent on the troll skull and it would be incredibly nice if you would redo these normal maps and release updated versions for other users.
As of now users should download the highest quality version of all the mods and then manually resize the textures to get around this "

All the other baskets are *.nifs, so they just replace the original and have his textures loaded by the paths in them.

Just found out a curious, and off-topic, thing when looking at this. In MO you can get conflict resolution with textures by examining the Data tab and seeing if a file is overwriting the vanilla assets but it doesn't appear to work with *.nifs. No meshes are shown to be conflicted either on this tab or with the Information window of the mod in question.

Has that always been the case and I've just not noticed it?

Just noticed you do get conflict resolution with the DLCs but not the original assets.

@ GrantSP

I think that this was always the case. I assume that MO does not show in conflicts tab vanilla bsa assets unless these assets have been extracted.

So I can only assume that this is the case with Meshes.bsa, where all vanilla nifs are stored into it.

No, MO does show conflicting files within .BSA files compared to your entire active mod list... It just doesn't tell you what mod types are within BSAs (textures, meshes, scripts, etc).

Or do you "just" mean the vanilla BSAs?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

No, MO does show conflicting files within .BSA files compared to your entire active mod list... It just doesn't tell you what mod types are within BSAs (textures, meshes, scripts, etc).

Or do you "just" mean the vanilla BSAs?

It appears to be only the BSAs used by the original game, not the DLCs. With no BSAs extracted I can see conflicts with files inside them but only the BSAs used by the DLCs.

It's just one of those things that I took for granted and never really examined closely.

Apologies to @HalkHogan for completely derailing his thread.  :woot:

Sometimes I give myself the creeps. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up. I think I'm cracking up. Am I just paranoid? Uh, yuh, yuh, ya!

These baskets are top notch apart from the normals it seems. These are the settings I use for GIMP:

Compression: BC1 DXT1 (no alpha transparency)/BC3 DXT5 (alpha transparency)

Mipmaps: Generate mipmaps

Compression: Use perceptual error metric [tick]

Filter: Kaiser

I am not sure if perceptual error metric does much, but I tick it for diffuse. I don't tick it for normal maps as

I think it hates them (not that I use compression on normals anywho).

Edited by Guest

@Sparrow

I have not had a chance to look and compare the reduced normals to the originals ... is there indeed a problem that you can confirm? This would then apply to all of the performance versions of his mods.

All of his mods look good for STEP testing, but only if this issue is resolved, since many of our users require performance versions.

I agree with Z. If I were to use his mods, I would use the performance versions. I was going to download this to see it ingame, but I stopped when someone said the normals were broke. I'm waiting to see what happens here. If nothing happens relatively soon, I'll just reduce them myself and use it, but I doubt most STEP users will want to do that.

I told him it was because he used "Interpolation" when scaling the textures, but I think he did not understand what I was saying.

In GIMP this is:

Image > Scale Image > Quality > None

He said he fixed them with a optimizer, but I am sure that is the problem. It seems fine with diffuse, but it destoys scaling on normal maps. I learnt that the hard way.