Realistic HD Baskets (by Halk_Hogan_PL)

oqhansoloqo

He said he fixed them with a optimizer, but I am sure that is the problem. It seems fine with diffuse, but it destoys scaling on normal maps. I learnt that the hard way.

This is what I assumed. I learnt that the hard way as well when doing the STEP Female Overhaul. Normals shouldn't be resized with an optimizer unless you know the correct settings. That's takes a lot of playing around to figure out. In that time you could have simply recreated them from the diffuse for each down scale.

I told him it was because he used "Interpolation" when scaling the textures, but I think he did not understand what I was saying.

In GIMP this is:

Image > Scale Image > Quality > None

He said he fixed them with a optimizer, but I am sure that is the problem. It seems fine with diffuse, but it destoys scaling on normal maps. I learnt that the hard way.

Thanks, in GIMP scaling with no interpolation now it works. Currently, normal maps are already fixed, scaling with optimizer it's also work, checked everything and it's ok.

Thanks and regards, Halk_Hogan_PL ;)

EDIT:

In 3ds max before and after fix (with optimizer):

925dfe6c001388f655604490

Edited by HalkHoganPL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did the testing for this mod. I left out the picnic basket because there wasn't one laying around Solitude and I was to lazy to look up the FormID.

Vanilla->Realistic Baskets HD->HD Baskets (current STEP)

v80jAma.jpgWYMN8JX.jpgBfsSh46.jpg

MHmT1Fu.jpgLGPil3J.jpgjRZlIHm.jpg

P95d1hC.jpgbdn39r6.jpgfmPOKOp.jpg

LVAqkt7.jpgmPKxHbB.jpgbBYEtkX.jpg

cMvQ5ix.jpgCXqGvxI.jpg

This mod takes some of the baskets and makes them look like they aren't really wicker, but rather some kind of basket wrapped with twine. The lack of 3D on the brim of the current STEP baskets is bothersome though. They look like something from the PS2 days. The seond set of shots shows one of the custom mesh/textures combos and it is really good. 

I recommend this mod for STEP Core to replace HD Baskets.

Doubtful on the clipping since those are just stood up next to certain things and the size difference has more to do with the way I placed it on the table.

I think vanilla is lower res version of HD Baskets, but I'll update with those I guess.

EDIT: Alright, I updated with vanilla and they suck.

Maybe it's just the lighting but they look way out of place. I'll install this and test it out in-game to see how they look in their natural placements and lighting. Which resolution did you use?

Quality. Pretty sure that was the 1k version.

Okay, that's the one I downloaded.

Just looking at the files, it looks like vanilla and HD Baskets only has one texture for all baskets (vanilla looks like rope to me). This mod gets around that limitation by using custom meshes pointing to the different textures.

• 3 weeks later...