Skyrim INI Guide

DoubleYou

[VATS]

I'm finding my vat kills are too close , when in first person view , the vat kill is right on top of the NPC , hard too see the action

and dragon Vats are rare, have not noicted one for a while after making some changes to my Vats , no-idea what ..lol

Just trying to get the best VATS , happening , cheers

This is my VATS section[spoiler=My Current Vats][VATS]

fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay=1.2000

fVATSRangedPercentSneakKill = 100.0

bVATSForceRanged = 1

bVATSMultipleCombatants = 1

fVATSRangedPercentMin = 100.0

fVATSRangedPercentTargetNoThreat = 100.0

This is in the Guide https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DoubleYou/sandbox/Skyrim_INI

[VATS] ;Increase ranged killcam frequency (or disable killcams)fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay=1.2000uVATSRangedPercentSneak=100uVATSRangedPercentGlobal=100bVATSMultipleCombatants=1bVATSForceRanged=1bVATSDisable=1       ;enable(0) or disable (1) killcams

These are Vats settings I have found , searching other Players have posted and are using in their ini

[spoiler=Other players VATS][vats]

fVATSRangedLongDistance=2500.0000

fVATSRangedPercentMin=50.0000

fVATSRangedTargetLowLevelMult=0.3000

fVATSRangedPercentTargetNoThreat=10.0000

fVATSRangedPercentSneakKill=20.0000

fVATSRangedLowHealthPercent=5.0000

bVATSRangedSelective=1

bVATSIgnoreProjectileTest=0

You linked my old and very outdated sandbox guide. You should be using https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings

Grab a killcam mod to unlock more killcams. Violens is good.

Can I have some more information on the VATS settings , other than add a mod , as the work involved in adding Mod is rather a lot given Patches

I have not fully experimented with the VATS settings, but they can be found here if you wish to experiment: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI/VATS 

At present I am currently trying to deliberately break a mod's functionality for testing purposes so I care very little about the save I'm on, I can test these tweaks out if you were indeed seeking help.

Spent the last 4 hours testing just 4 ini tweaks, I'll post my results up here

All lines listed in the spoiler below were tested on enemies in White Watch Cave, the location of the "Amrens Family Sword" quest near Whiterun.

bVATSAllowNoKill=
In my testing this setting seems to allow the "Kill-Cam" or now refered to as "On-Hit-Cam" to show even for a simple on hit detection. Enemies hit with the fire spell (one you start the game with is fine) would cause "On-Hit-Cam" to show , if killed it would extend into the "Kill-Cam" sequence. I found this to be more dependent upon distance from target and I would estimate the frequency of the cam appearing to be roughly 50% minimum chance and an average chance of 75%, with the chance feeling like it increased with options below toggled on, with the exception of bVATSDisabled.

bVATSDiable=
In testing this I noticed that no matter who or what I hit with my spells I could not trigger a "On-Hit-Cam" or a "Kill-Cam"

bVATSForceRanged=
; This setting by itself did not seem to do anything at all during my testing session, however when toggled on with bVATSAllowNoKill it triggers the "On-Hit" cam to activate more often with spells, have not tested arrows and bolts yet, this can get a little tedious if using a persistent fire spell such as the starter spell as the "On-Hit" cam seems to last forever.

bVATSIgnoreProjectileTest=
; I tested this and did not see what I would percieve to be "new" Kill cams, however this setting may need more testing

[VATS]
bVATSAllowNoKill= ; getini command returned with a value of 0 (without having this line entered into Skyrim.ini)
bVATSDiable= ; getini command returned with a value of 0 (without having this line entered in Skyrim.ini)
bVATSForceRanged= ; getini command returned with a value of 0 (without having this line entered in Skyrim.ini)
bVATSIgnoreProjectileTest= ; getini command returned with a value of 0 (without having this line entered in Skyrim.ini)

All of these tests were done with spINI optimized ini files.

I hope this information is of use to you in some way W, if you need any more information regarding these settings let me know and I'll do more testing tomorrow.

Edited by Rebel47

Reading the above , twice , still not sure , what values to use , but I'm sure others know what your doing , which why I just play and they mod/test:)

Current

[VATS]
fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay=1.2000
fVATSRangedPercentSneakKill = 100.0
bVATSForceRanged = 1
bVATSMultipleCombatants = 1
fVATSRangedPercentMin = 100.0
fVATSRangedPercentTargetNoThreat = 100.0

It's honestly probably best to wait for myself and W to finish up on the [VATS] section and sort out the wheat from the chaff before you go ahead and make changes your not sure of,

I went ahead and got the settings that W linked you to before which are a part of the STEP guide, I'll post them here for you just in case you didn't see them.

[VATS]

bVATSMultipleCombatants=1

bVATSForceRanged=1

fVATSRangedPercentMin=100

fVATSRangedPercentSneakKill=100

fVATSRangedPercentTargetNoThreat=100

Hopefully I'll be able to get more testing done over the next day or so, I'm done testing for the night as it's early am and I'm becoming weary.

Edited by Rebel47

Hopefully I'll be able to get more testing done over the next day or so, I'm done testing for the night as it's early am and I'm becoming weary.

Rest chill, first I ask questions ,throw it out there , once its in the mix  been looked at,  will happily wait for years for the right solution ...

Ok well I haven't had much chance to get anymore testing done as yet but I thought maybe I should post up what my spINI created ini files show as ultra defaults for the [VATS] section

All info collected with the use of "getini" console command from within the game

[VATS]
bVATSAllowNoKill returns a value of 0
bVATSDisable returns a value of 0
bVATSForceRanged returns a value of 0
bVATSIgnoreProjectileTest returns a value of 0
bVATSMultipleCombatants returns a value of "0"
bVATSRangedSelective returns a value of "1"
bVATSSmartCameraCheckBug returns a value of "NOT FOUND"
bVATSDebug returns a value of "0"
fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay returns a value of 1.20
fVATSFocus returns a value of 3.20
fVATSKillMoveEnd returns a value of 4.00
fVATSLightAngle returns a value of 0.00
fVATSLightDistance returns a value of 100.00
fVATSLightElevation returns a value of 100.00
fVATSLightLevelMax returns a value of 40.00
fVATSLightLevelMin returns a value of 20.00
fVATSRangedLongDistance returns a value of 2500.00
fVATSRangedLowHealthPercent returns a value of 5.00
fVATSRangedPercentMin returns a value of 50.00
fVATSRangedPercentSneakKill returns a value of 20.00
fVATSRangedPercentTargetNoThreat returns a value of 10.00
fVATSRangedTargetLowLevelMult returns a value of 0.30
fVatsLightColorB returns a value of 1.00
fVatsLightColorG returns a value of 1.00
fVatsLightColorR returns a value of 1.00

Always take caution when manually editing ini files and make sure to back up before making and committing to changes

Edited by Rebel47

Ok well I haven't had much chance to get anymore testing done as yet but I thought maybe I should post up what my spINI created ini files show as ultra defaults for the [VATS] section

All info collected with the use of "getini" console command from within the game

[VATS]

bVATSAllowNoKill returns a value of 0

bVATSDisable returns a value of 0

bVATSForceRanged returns a value of 0

bVATSIgnoreProjectileTest returns a value of 0

bVATSMultipleCombatants returns a value of "0"

bVATSRangedSelective returns a value of "1"

bVATSSmartCameraCheckBug returns a value of "NOT FOUND"

bVATSDebug returns a value of "0"

fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay returns a value of 1.20

fVATSFocus returns a value of 3.20

fVATSKillMoveEnd returns a value of 4.00

fVATSLightAngle returns a value of 0.00

fVATSLightDistance returns a value of 100.00

fVATSLightElevation returns a value of 100.00

fVATSLightLevelMax returns a value of 40.00

fVATSLightLevelMin returns a value of 20.00

fVATSRangedLongDistance returns a value of 2500.00

fVATSRangedLowHealthPercent returns a value of 5.00

fVATSRangedPercentMin returns a value of 50.00

fVATSRangedPercentSneakKill returns a value of 20.00

fVATSRangedPercentTargetNoThreat returns a value of 10.00

fVATSRangedTargetLowLevelMult returns a value of 0.30

fVatsLightColorB returns a value of 1.00

fVatsLightColorG returns a value of 1.00

fVatsLightColorR returns a value of 1.00

Always take caution when manually editing ini files and make sure to back up before making and committing to changes

Given my original question ( problem) in first person view , my VAT kills are right on top of the NPC , not always but enough too bug me.

which one of the VATS above , get the view to stand back a bit. ?

Are you using a sword/mace/halberd or other type of melee weapon to have the VATS cams show right on top of the NPC, if so I will need to test this myself and see if I can not only replicate it but also find a solution.

Yep melee ..cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda random, why does the STEP guide recommend to set bReflectLOD Land Objects and Trees to 1, when this is already set by default?

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at it, there are lot settings that are already set to default that are mentioned nonetheless. If this is on purpose forgive me, but it seems like they could be unmentioned or perhaps put into the more detailed guide.

Edited by Tobi