CTD on startup Papyrus log

Business

Question

So, after getting everything installed when I launch Skyrim, the game goes to full screen, skips the Bethesda screen and tries to go straight to the Title where the dragon emblem displays, and then the game crashes.

Here's what's in my Papyrus log:

[10/03/2012 - 03:31:28AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[10/03/2012 - 03:31:28AM] error: Native function RegisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Form. Function will not be bound.

[10/03/2012 - 03:31:28AM] error: Native function UnregisterFromKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Form. Function will not be bound.

[10/03/2012 - 03:31:28AM] error: Native function UnregisterFromAllKeys in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Form. Function will not be bound.

[10/03/2012 - 03:31:28AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)

[10/03/2012 - 03:31:28AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

I figure there might be an issue with the mods Interface Hard Coded Key Tweaks and the Categorized Favorites Menu, I used the right mouse button fix because I had an issue with this in an earlier install. But having uninstalled both it still crashed, installing them one at a time still crashed and trying to leave out the right mouse button fix the game still crashed.

Seems this is somehow linked to the d3d9_smaa.dll, I thought I had followed the instructions to a T, but since I have the dawngaurd edition of Skyrim, I hadn't installed CoT, but whats weird is I had ran the game to test it after I had finished installing the Texture Pack Combiner, and the game loaded and worked perfectly. I hadn't attempted to launch it again until completion of the guide, and it was at that point that I experienced the CTD.

Any idea what's causing this and what I can do to correct it?

7 answers to this question

Not sure if it's the issue, but when it happened to me it was because I had more than one lanterns of skyrim esp's selected. Happened again later with another mod that had more than one esp available and both selected.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, it was the lanterns of Skyrim, but I didn't have more than one selected. Which was weird, deactivated that and BAM! I'm playing again.

I don't exactly know what I'm missing, but its better missing some lanterns than all of Skyrim. lol

I have nearly the exact same problem as the OP.  I installed Texture Pack Combiner and tested the game immediately afterward (with no other mods installed except for those in the "fixes" section of the guide) and the game ran fine.  I loaded up the Testing Hall and a number of other areas, ran around, and took some screenshots - no problems (note:  no, I did not touch anything in the Testing Hall).  Then I finished installing the STEP mods, booted up the game, and boom.  I see the Skyrim emblem and main menu screen for about a second before an instant CTD.

I enabled Papyrus logging and tried to start the game numerous ways (ran as administrator, SKSE, SKSE as administrator) and I was receiving almost the exact same log as OP when I started up the game (only difference was Load screen budget).  After many more attempts I discovered, however, that the errors were only showing up when I ran the game through SKSE. Running it through Steam only gave me:

[10/28/2012 - 01:43:44AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[10/28/2012 - 01:43:44AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[10/28/2012 - 01:43:44AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)[hr]

BUT my game still immediately crashes as before.  Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Note:  I did try deactivating the lanterns of Skyrim mod, but to no avail.  Also uninstalled SKSE, but this did not help either.