Vsync not working, setting pics inside

MaroES

Question

Please look at my settings in this album I made before giving suggestions.  https://imgur.com/a/O9rdK

I've also turned off vsync in the Nvidia control panel and enabled it in enblocal.ini but that didn't do anything.

The only thing that sort of works is the enb fps limiter, which sorta works.  If I set it to 60 fps it caps it to 51, although with it off I can get to the high 70s.  

It stays at 51fps until I set the fps limiter to 64 fps... really random.

I have a 1080p monitor at a 60hz refresh rate.

What am I not doing right?

I honestly haven't used S.T.E.P. that much outside of a few tweaks.  

Considering this issue mostly deals with vsync, which I think should be unrelated to my mods, I hope it's okay if I ask for help here.

ENB:  Enhanced Shaders NLA

Modtools:  Mod Organizer, Wyre Bash, Loot, TES5Edit

Patchers: DSR, FNIS, and PerMa

PC Specs:  gtx 970 (driver version 353.06), i5-4690k, 8 gigs of ram, Windows 7 64 bit

edit 06/12/2015:  The issue is still unresolved, so I figured I would show my ini files and nvidia settings in their current state.

nvidia tesv.exe settings https://i.imgur.com/68VZZMF.png?1

Reinstalling Mod Organizer, SKSE, updating my enb version, and making sure there are no comments on the vsync line in enblocal.ini did not solve the issue.

Edited by MaroES

Hmm... it seems that Tony would recommend using driver vsync for whatever reason. I might want to test that. It was only recently discovered that iPresentInterval has no effect in SkyrimPrefs.ini, so it may be there is something to be said for driver vsync.

Just a note on driver vsync. I use this for my skyrim. I turn off all ini settings related to it in any place I can find. I do have a Gsync 144 Hz monitor, so I use Nvidia Inspector to set FPS Limit to 58 fps (might improve inputlag on vsync 60Hz) setting. For the most part I get a constant 50ish fps range in game and an occasional stutter.

a note on driver vsync. I use this for my skyrim.

I use Nvidia Inspector to set FPS Limit to 58 fps (might improve inputlag on vsync 60Hz) setting. 

The possibility of using both the fps limiter and vsync together is something I've googled a couple times and haven't gotten a clear answer on. 

Some people say they synergize together while others say having one setting on disables the other.  Have you tested and confirmed this?  It would be great if both helped out.

Also, outside of iPresentInterval=1 in skyrim.ini are there any ini tweaks that modify vsync?  I can't figure out why ENB vsync works but my driver's vsync doesn't.

I have my driver's vsync set to "yes" in the Nvidia Control Panel for tes5.exe.

"Hmm... it seems that Tony would recommend using driver vsync for whatever reason. I might want to test that. It was only recently discovered that iPresentInterval has no effect in SkyrimPrefs.ini, so it may be there is something to be said for driver vsync."

I'd be interested to know too.  I've found that opinions on what vsync is best varies by guide.  Perhaps it depends on the video card?

Edited by MaroES

I'm making an update to say I've got Nvidia's vsync and fps limiter working.  I know for sure because I have my enb vsync and fps limiter disabled.

I'm not 100% sure how I fixed it, but I'm suspecting the "One Tweak" SKSE plugin might have something to do with it.  When I get a chance I'll test it and let you guys know.

I just tested One Tweak and it didn't disable vsync.   No idea why it wasn't working earlier, sorry :/.  If I ever find out I'll update this post, but I don't know I how I would figure that out tbh.

I'm assuming from your reply that Nvidia inspector's fps limiter isn't working?

Edited by MaroES

I got it working, I actually got everything running smoothly after disabling windowed mode in enblocal.ini. Man, I was about to come to the conclusion that my PC is weakening since the last time I run Skyrim, but with this change, all is perfectly fine, exactly as the last time I enjoyed Skyrim, two years ago. Going back to 60 fps hehehe :) I'm just a little annoyed that I've been playing Skyrim with low setting to barely get it running for so many months and it was a simple setting as disabling windowed mode that fixed it. I don't blame STEP, I love you guys, I made a thread around here to see if anyone cares to get the word out, just in case someone else would benefit from going fullscreen. I'm sure it's a rare case.

Edit: Sadly, I'm gonna have to go back to 30 FPS, as I installed some nice texture packs and I can't go back after seeing how nice they are. I hope you found a way to keep both V-sync and the frame limiter without either canceling each other out. Thanks Mares

Edited by FuzzRocket9