Phinix Natural ENB

frihyland

I tried this out. I have a vanilla Skyrim with tweaked settings/resolution to get almost 60 fps in my test areas (whiterun, riverwood, and riften). With the highest performance version of Phinix ENB I'm down to 35 fps. This is all pre-STEP so I'm not sure I could use this if I still want to install STEP on that installation...

That aside, I did like this ENB quite a bit.

I tried this out. I have a vanilla Skyrim with tweaked settings/resolution to get almost 60 fps in my test areas (whiterun, riverwood, and riften). With the highest performance version of Phinix ENB I'm down to 35 fps. This is all pre-STEP so I'm not sure I could use this if I still want to install STEP on that installation...

That aside, I did like this ENB quite a bit.

Could you by any chance compare it with SkyRealism ENB?

I just compared it to several enbs with performance settings if available:

Bleak ENB at 30 fps

Enhanced Vanilla at 38

Season at 45

Wilds at 48

SkyRealism at (25 default) 31 fps extreme performance and 49 tweaked extreme (don't understand why it kept occulsion).

Besidilo: thanks for suggesting I try SkyRealism. With the tweaked performance one, I got good performance and the settings looked almost exactly like what I was looking for too. Much appreciated!

• 3 months later...

Phinix Natural Enb has gone a long way since first post here. His newest version (1.34) looks spectacular, in line with Boris' latest ENB (.132) and definitely in line with the STEP mandate imho. :)

Edit: also at the beginning of his description page on Nexus the author has just posted a few screenshots with a dynamic comparison between his mod and vanilla.

Phinix Natural Enb has gone a long way since first post here. His newest version (1.34) looks spectacular, in line with Boris' latest ENB (.132) and definitely in line with the STEP mandate imho. :)

Edit: also at the beginning of his description page on Nexus the author has just posted a few screenshots with a dynamic comparison between his mod and vanilla.

Indeed, it is one of my favourite ENB configs.

Good ENB, but a little "drab" for my tastes. At least from what I can tell from the screenshots, this ENB has a very light "bleak-style" overlay. I like more vibrancy and color from my ENBs like SkyRealism - Cinematic or True Vision - Natural provide. But, if I was ever to use a bleak-style mod, this would probably be it.

From Phinix:

"Version 1.35 is up:

- Corrected problem of too blue night time and made additional adjustments to the moons, sky balance, shadows, and other ambient settings.

- Re-balanced daytime and night time color brightness, shadows, bloom, and sky saturation.

EDIT: Also one quick update, I just re-uploaded version 1.35 with one last tweak to tone back the sun rays to match the latest settings.

EDIT2: Not really version worthy, but I uploaded again with a minor tweak to color saturation of the daytime sky, which I had adjusted a bit high. I now recommend using "ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-4.esp" for those using Climates of Tamriel."

Oh I'll also mention two aspects I really like with this enb. First, a special note for the detailed documentation on the description page making the installation very straightforward. The another thing I like is the modularity of the mod (3 types of palettes, default, warm, cool / 2 types of performance oriented presets and so on..)

Someone mentioned it being too 'bleak'. That actually might be a feature - one of the complaints leveled against many ENB profiles is the over-saturation or adjustment to colors that take it too far from vanilla (which is in fact pretty bleak looking). That might make this one a good fit as an alternative even if it isn't "the" recommendation.