Optimized Texture Pack BSA's

john7

Question

I downloaded the optimized texture packs and M-O asked if I wanted to extract the BSA's when I was installing. I wasn't sure so I picked no. A few steps later, just under "The Dovahkiin Comes", I see a critical warning regarding saying YES when M-O prompts to extract the BSA. So ... do I need to go back and re-install those optimized vanilla, dawngaurd, hearthfire, dragonborn and optimized high-res packs 1, 2 and 3 allowing M-O to extract those BSA's and should I then make sure they are managed under the archives tab rather than the Plug-ins tab in the right pane of M-O? I think sometimes I am very impatient but I must have the patience of a saint. It took fifty plus hours for me to download those optimized textures. I hope someone else out there having difficulties can now say ..."whew ... at least I don't have that poor bastards internet provider" and feel a little bit better. Which ties in to my next question. It has now been a week since I played Skyrim. How often should I play a little to test functionality and should I avoid or feel free to complete a quest or make a game save before proceeding with the rest of the install. Or a little more install and a little more testing/playing. What is the recommendation ? I really appreciate the people who take time to answer noob type questions for a game this old ....thank you thank you thank you.

Edited by john7

hi folks,

sorry to necro a thread, but i did a search for the same question as the OP and didn't find any answers...

long story short, i am trying to set up Skyrim Revisited on my PC and have the same question: for the Mod Organizer-ready BSAs for the optimized vanilla textures (Skyrim + Dawnguard + Dragonborn + Hearthfires), do i need to extract them as with the other BSAs? the Skyrim Revisited instructions are unclear.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.