aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

feel free to share any criticism Neovalen...it can only help to get better results.

hi peacefulmoments...yes i'm conscious about dwarven mismatching...and going to re-do all the job...including weaps and shield,a thing i should do in october when dwarven has been released.... but since results did not satisfy me 100% i delayed the whole project that hopefully will involve various things like centurions and other dwarven stuff...did anybody notice that dwarven armor set is the only one that cannot be retextured without problems?....lol you need to put your work in half skyrim texture bsa if u want to remove the pale yellow from that armor :D

i'll find a suitable working solution...trust me

I'm so pumped to see you've started work on the weapons! Mainly (as I'm sure has been pointed out many times) for Elven and Dwemer, as they're the most noticeable. But I also use Millenias weapon textures, so that may explain why I don't notice any extreme differences with iron and steel. It's such a shame he didn't get into Skyrim. It would have halved your workload :P. I'm kidding of course. I've been a fan of his work for years (he does Fallout weapon retextures), but he doesn't do armour textures. And man, are your armour textures something to behold!

feel free to share any criticism Neovalen...it can only help to get better results.

The hilt looks amazing and matches the steel armor perfectly. I assume eventually the sheathe will also be retextured to match? Currently showing white steel still instead of blue.

The blade itself looks good but could maybe use a tinge more blue to get a bit closer to the armor, but that is honestly my only criticism and it's small. Nice job.

The blade itself looks good but could maybe use a tinge more blue to get a bit closer to the armor, but that is honestly my only criticism and it's small. Nice job.

RE the diff in blade/armor color: realistically, blades will look a bit different and usually whiter, as they are forged more exhaustively than armor and also tempered more and generally polished more. A small difference is realistic I think.

RE the diff in blade/armor color: realistically, blades will look a bit different and usually whiter, as they are forged more exhaustively than armor and also tempered more and generally polished more. A small difference is realistic I think.

Agree on the concept, however I still feel the edge is slightly too white that is why I said to darken just a tinge (not a lot and definitely not to match 100%).

@CaBaL

Just wanted to say: Thank you for all your hard work. Your texture work is absolutely amazing.

I was hoping you'd eventually work on weaponry. I only ask that you try to keep the color tones matching between the different weapon types. Dark grey for iron armor and weapons, blue-grey for steel armor and weapons, black/silver/gold for elven armor and weapons, matching olive-green for orcish, etc.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/182398

working on it Farlo :) ...i'll remove probably those studs from the back...they're deformed by low poly model.

yep indigoneko...i'll try to keep original colors mostly and make them fit well with the armors

about the sword...yes my thought on the blade was to keep it less dark than the armor cus it is tempered indeed... but clearly i can dark it a bit more....thank u :)

agree to leave this very small file in this thread...will be anyway part of the book.

yes techangel,,,is true about some parts...and it is totally my fault because has been a really quick and dirty job...i did in a couple of hour...maybe less ...so the specular map is just a tweaked diffuse... not a proper thing checked layer by layer...

i'll release an improved version in the book...hope soon

I'd like to thank you again here as I've already done on your mod page. I definitely support this mod. Simply incredible. CaBaL when you get closer to finished with some of the armors I'd love if you could check out the improved *edited*closed faced helms that is part of the STEP install and see if you cant make textures for those to make them compatible. They fix the issue with helmets not fitting on big headed races correctly.

Edit: I might even go as far as to say when making your weapons you should check out the two instances of thinner blades on STEP. They make weapons look more real with thinner blades then fat like a wooden sword.

Edit2:I mistakenly put open faced helms.

CaBaL when you get closer to finished with some of the armors I'd love if you could check out the improved open faced helms that is part of the STEP install and see if you cant make textures for those to make them compatible.

Make them compatible with what? :o_O:

It uses whatever textures you have installed. It only changes the meshes.