xEdit Guide

TechAngel85

@Alternity : Will do. But you know that you can edit the wiki too right ? :p

Affirmative

I helped out once before, did extensive editing of one of the wiki's, and prior to that ( knowing that wiki's can be re-edited so dont go crying over spilt milk etc after someone else has a different opinion of how things should be .. ) on the supporting forum topic I discussed at length, and made sure all who edit the same had read my proposed changes - All agreed ..

I then did quite a bit of work reforming it with the agreed proposals for change

With each change I also documented each change in the supporting topic to ensure everyone was happy with the progress ( being a newbie to wiki editing I wanted eyes on all the changes ) ..

.. Only to find a week or so later the whole format of the thing had reverted to pretty much what it was before with a few of my changes remaining ..

= Once bitten twice shy. Thats why I have not applied myself to any more wiki editing here since.

.. Well thats partially the reason, the other is I am not a STEP user, so a lot of the context being allied to the project as a whole I do not feel confident in being abreast of all considerations that may apply :)

I have done that linked guide everywhere else except here, thats why I am offering any resources used in it elsewhere for anyone here to also use.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Going more into what alt is saying, it's important to document any changes on the Guide's forum topic because when multiple users are working on the same Guide, documented workflow is invaluable!

@alt,

Sorry about the ENB Guide. I haven't really touched it since you did your work, that I remember. The last major change was Z converting it to the TOC format. He did mess some things up doing that which I had to fix from memory.

@all

One thing to keep in mind is the Guides are considered to always be in flux because the subject matter is always changing or updating due to tool development, new information learned, etc.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to participate in this.

I was planning to ask you anyway (or at least, to spam you with questions ::P: ) when I'd start to write stuff in the scripting section ^^

Just a small statement as I'm posting here :

After rushing "too much" at the beginning, I chose to slowdown to avoid writing low-quality paragraphs which'd need to be completely overhauled (like the current "view tab" section which is currently... bad). I'm currently working on the "file structure in beteshda's game files" section, since a lot of other sections will rely on it, but struggling a bit to explain concept a bit technical in a language I don't master as much as I'd like to ^^

And thanks grantSP for the corrections to my poor english  :teehee: 

Regarding this line

"Use double click to load plugin only when loading a single plugin. Otherwise not every plugins might be loaded. They appears to be selected randomly."

Double click is the same as

1) Select None

2) Checking the single plugin being clicked

3) Pressing OK

It is a shortcut for loading plugin and it's masters only.

Regarding this line

"Use double click to load plugin only when loading a single plugin. Otherwise not every plugins might be loaded. They appears to be selected randomly."

Double click is the same as

1) Select None

2) Checking the single plugin being clicked

3) Pressing OK

It is a shortcut for loading plugin and it's masters only.

Ah, thanks, I expected it to be "check the plugin being clicked" -> "Press OK", thus conservating previous selection. Hence my impression that it was doing stuffs randomly.

That's fixed.

Some hidden things which are apparently undocumented https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1515723-relz-unofficial-skyrim-patch-thread-43/page-3?do=findComment&comment=24203486

Like holding Shift + OK when loading mods to not load reference data and load your load order really fast, or the Options menu, or Ctrl + W for a weather editor, or Alt + Down Arrow to move down the left pane only, or ctrl + left click a FormID in the right pane to jump to it

• 2 weeks later...

I've added my comments. Most of what you're suggesting should be over on the STEP Wiki thread and not on this Guide's talk page since they are wiki standards and not necessarily for that specific guides, but rather for all the wiki:

WIKI: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:The_STEP_Wiki

Forum: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5020-the-step-wiki/

The talk pages are rarely used because the threads are more convenient and more widely seen and used. Not to mention most the staff will be notified one way or another that there has been a post in the threads. For the wiki, you have to manually follow all pages which is a pain. I only follow a handful of the wiki pages, and I never check my watchlist on there. Too much to keep up with on top over everything else around here.

I've added my comments. Most of what you're suggesting should be over on the STEP Wiki thread and not on this Guide's talk page since they are wiki standards and not necessarily for that specific guides, but rather for all the wiki:

WIKI: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:The_STEP_Wiki

Forum: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5020-the-step-wiki/

The talk pages are rarely used because the threads are more convenient and more widely seen and used. Not to mention most the staff will be notified one way or another that there has been a post in the threads. For the wiki, you have to manually follow all pages which is a pain. I only follow a handful of the wiki pages, and I never check my watchlist on there. Too much to keep up with on top over everything else around here.

Yeah, I realized as much.  I'll try to make a post there sometime soon.

If the talk pages are really truly not intended to be used they should be disabled.  MediaWiki does give administrators that power.  You probably could even set up articles to have their talk pages redirect to their appropriate forum threads.