More than 140 plugins...any way to reduce this number?

So I've followed all the Fear and Loathing instructions, using all the mods on that list (plus one, the nude Type 3 as opposed to the non-nude...people are supposed to be NAKED when they're naked, dammit!). I did make a mistake and not specify an output folder for FNVLODGen when I ran it, but it appeared to drop all the files into my overwrite folder nonetheless, and I think I recovered from that error (at least, New Vegas doesn't explode when I launch it, or when I start a new game). I'm about to launch into texture optimization (and that's a kettle of fish I'm not sure I won't tip into the fire), but I'm wondering if there's any way to reduce the number of plugins right now. I've got 146 active, and MO hasn't flagged any of them with that little broom like it did when I was modding Skyrim. Are there any mergeable plugins that aren't mentioned on the F&L guide (alternatively, what makes a set of plugins mergeable) or am I just going to have to muddle through and hope NV doesn't hate me forever?

(If someone can point me at a tool to upload my plugin list/MO profile, I'm more than willing to supply that information. I can also just...type out the plugin list, if it comes down to that.)

Did you hide/disable all the ESPS that were in the merges as per the guide? I'm going to take a punt and say you may not have, as the guide doesn't have that many esps active when correctly installed and all the hidings etc done.

I'm fairly sure I moved all the ESPs that it told me to into the "Optional ESP" area of each mod, but I'll make a quick run through to make sure of that.

EDIT: Worth noting that I haven't done the Bashed Patch yet.

EDIT 2: Sweet mother of the night, that's a lot of merged ESPs. Lesson learned: Follow ALL of the instructions before asking stupid questions. You might find you don't need to ask the stupid questions.

Edited by RagnorakTres

Hey, I also seem to have that problem. But i'm wondering if the text Wrye Flash gives me, when in the guide we are supposed to make a bashed patch, says something like "The following mods are mergeable. While it is not important to Wrye Flash functionality or the end contents of the bashed patch, it is suggest that they be deactivated and merged into the patch; this (helps) avoid the  Fallout maximum esp/m limit." and then lists a lot of esps. Can these esps listed be merged without harm? what does one enable for esps after you have merged them? Should they all be deactivated and only the merged esp should be left? The guide doesn't mention the steps for this potential merged patch.

I have merged what the guide told me but I still have around 147 plugins going, are the esps Wrye Flash lists as mergable ok to merge to get my plugin count down?

Ok I think I see what you are saying, when you create the bashed patch a lot of previously ticked plugins in the list become unticked. This is because of the bashed patch? Is there a way to see total number of plugins loading after the bashed patch has been created?

EDIT: The game is working now. Thanks a lot for the advice!

Edited by carlothan

Ok I think I see what you are saying, when you create the bashed patch a lot of previously ticked plugins in the list become unticked. This is because of the bashed patch? Is there a way to see total number of plugins loading after the bashed patch has been created?

EDIT: The game is working now. Thanks a lot for the advice!

Easiest way to see how many plugins you have loading after the Bashed patch is made is to run LOOT. Don't sort anything, just run it. It should give a total plugin count and an active plugin count.