Enemy AI

After watching one of Gopher's videos and then reading the ensuing discussion, this mod Enemy AI - Tactics - NPC Healing was mentioned and I wonder if anyone has any input on its worth?

The comments in Nexus seem to be very evenly divided between 'worthless' & 'essential', which isn't very helpful in making a decision.

While we all agree AI is a very difficult thing to make, even a slightly better outcome than vanilla would be better, wouldn't it?

If we are talking about this video  i am more interested in the idea of having a mod that would  display your hotkeyed  weapons  on your person .

Like  rifle and  shotgun crossed on the back  ,  pistol at the waist and a melee weapon    hanging from somewhere .

It would be pretty cool if they had a mod like Dual Sheath Redux, for FNV, where rather than displaying swords and shields on the player, it was rifles, shotguns and pistols. but i don't think the current player skeleton allows for that much stuff on a person.

It would be pretty cool if they had a mod like Dual Sheath Redux, for FNV, where rather than displaying swords and shields on the player, it was rifles, shotguns and pistols. but i don't think the current player skeleton allows for that much stuff on a person.

That would be cool indeed! However, as you said I am not sure if it is possible. Or if it is, it is most likely too much effort or would take too much time to do at this point in the games life cycle for any modder that might know how to do it. But there are things implemented in the game now by modders I thought not possible. Like this mod that was released recently! :D I didn't know something like that was possible. Though I am not an advanced modder so I wouldn't know.

Although I am not 100% sure I believe Gopher is using Puce Moose Tweak and Balance Center - Responsive Kill Reactions. This is a port of a Fallout 3 mod scripted by Schlangster (author of Project Nevada among other mods). Project Nevada - Rebalance contains an updated version called Experimental Detection AI in which I believe the NPCs are less likely to crowd around dead bodies. Actually when shooting enemies from afar in default New Vegas the surrounding NPCs will just ignore it hence the need for these type of mods. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

Edited by Butcher

The only worth using mod that will change the enemy AI (IMO) is Vicious Wastes. Aside from DUST, it is probably the most difficult overhaul there is for the game.

This looks very impressive, I think I may investigate it a bit later on after I finish this current game.

Agreed, and since Fallout 4 is based on the Creation Engine used in Skyrim I think it is a safe bet that most of the cool mods their can easily be ported to Fallout 4.

Although I am not 100% sure I believe Gopher is using Puce Moose Tweak and Balance Center - Responsive Kill Reactions. This is a port of a Fallout 3 mod scripted by Schlangster (author of Project Nevada among other mods). Project Nevada - Rebalance contains an updated version called Experimental Detection AI in which I believe the NPCs are less likely to crowd around dead bodies. Actually when shooting enemies from afar in default New Vegas the surrounding NPCs will just ignore it hence the need for these type of mods. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

Yeah, according to his mod list he does use PMT- Balance. If though that is what the result is, I find it intriguing to justify how that is an improvement! I did find Gopher's argument flawed though, sure the AI did look stupid with them all running around in the killzone just getting picked off, but there are many areas of the game that don't sit properly when compared to 'real life', why pick on just the AI? I commented on his page about that Legion spy in the Crimson Caravan he killed that needed TWO shots from a large-caliber handgun in the back of the head! Just how is that realistic? He's tough, but not that tough.

Still any change to AI should be investigated in my books, it can always do with improving.