• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bugsbugme

Bugsbugme

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

I noticed that this mod that is included with Robco Certified seems to disable the equpip/unequip sounds for armor.

I didn't know the cause at first until I went through the mods and found it was Robco Certified. So I opened the included plugins in xEdit and found:

cc.esm.jpeg_zpsuhkjcfet.png

I don't really know what those setting mean but I'm guessing they make the sounds quieter/silent? I don't understand it's need to do this. Is it necessary? Can I just copy the vanilla settings back over?

Edited by Bugsbugme, 25 June 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

I noticed that this mod that is included with Robco Certified seems to disable the equpip/unequip sounds for armor.

I didn't know the cause at first until I went through the mods and found it was Robco Certified. So I opened the included plugins in xEdit and found:

I don't really know what those setting mean but I'm guessing they make the sounds quieter/silent? I don't understand it's need to do this. Is it necessary? Can I just copy the vanilla settings back over?

You should have no issues by reverting those changes as far as I can see. I would imagine the changes are purely a design choice in RobCo Certified to make equiping clothing quieter, as you surmised.

You could make a changed version of that plugin, rather than editing the original, or perhaps the best bet would be to make those changes in your bashed patch.

#3 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:48 AM

You could make a manual patch to take care of all the 3 objects that have changed audio values. This should be a fairly straightforward patch with FO3Edit.

#4 Bugsbugme

Bugsbugme

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

I made a quick patch in fo3 edit by just copying those two records as overrides into a new plugin and reverting them to vanilla. The patch is mergable in Wrye Bash too so it doesn't add to the load order.

I can upload it if anyone wants it. It works just fine, the sounds are back.

#5 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

Great. I'm glad it worked out well for you. Once STEP determines how to accommodate small user mods like this it might be possible to have a host where it can be provided to other users.

#6 Bugsbugme

Bugsbugme

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

Ok :) Thanks for the guide too btw. I have had FO3 far ages but never actually played it properly, it just kept crashing. But I think now with enbboost and being able to clean the plugins, it's working just fine and with mods too.

#7 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

When I played FO3 years ago it crashed a lot. The game I started that uses the guide has been much more stable than than previous games. It's by no means trouble free, but it's better.

#8 13thGeneral

13thGeneral

Prisoner

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

Great. I'm glad it worked out well for you. Once STEP determines how to accommodate small user mods like this it might be possible to have a host where it can be provided to other users.

I like this idea. A lot.

Edited by 13thGeneral, 06 July 2015 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users