Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

I don't understand how a simple game setting can be harmful in any way. The moment you uninstall the mod(s), the values are reset to default. There are no scripts or anything. Either it's me or the author who is missing something.

edit:

Incompatible with ETaC = instant pass.

Edited by Octopuss

I don't understand how a simple game setting can be harmful in any way. The moment you uninstall the mod(s), the values are reset to default. There are no scripts or anything. Either it's me or the author who is missing something.

edit:

Incompatible with ETaC = instant pass.

Well, the author does seem to claim that fAIMinGreetingDistance is not reset. Even a simple game setting can cause problems if (for example) the pathfinding code wasn't built for those values.

Furthermore, the damage created by this mod on the conversation system are not reversible.
Edited by Harpalus

Hm, possibly. But I would hardly call it irreversible damage. That's just blowing things out of proportions. I could fix it with TES5Edit in under 5 minutes (most of which would be loading the plugins and loading+saving the game).

Anyone have any feedback on using this mod with combat mods, such as Duel - Combat Realism or Combat Evolved?  I know the author says combat mods are "compatible", but all those mods do affect combat behavior... and at least in the case of Duel and CE, there are an amount of conflicting records that go to the highest mod in the load order.  So, I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback about how well those mods actually jive with each other - more effective together... less effective, etc?

Apologies for further sidetracking, but Shurah has indicated that they were mistaken:

About fAIMinGreetingDistance ignore that I said previously, it was the result of poorly designed experiments, the conversation bug was caused by something else.

I suppose that leaves my concerns about Multiple Floors Sandboxing, but that's not particularly relevant to either STEP or directly relevant to this mod. I'd love to see this in STEP if it gets further testing and more compatibility patches.

EDIT: Recently posted explanation by Shurah about Multiple Floors Sandboxing, for posterity:

When a NPC uses a "sandbox" procedure, he will try to use any furniture in the radius area, even if the furniture is located in an inaccessible area (a locked room for example or an area not covered by navmeshes). When a NPC tries to use a furniture located in an inaccessible area, the NPC will send a request to the pathfinding algorithm, but the pathfinding won't find any solution, as a result, the NPC will stop to move (waiting for a solution from the pathfinding algorithm) until that his current AI package is removed. In some cases, if you use the wait menu, the NPC will teleported in a test cell.

Due to the way I've designed the AI, the NPCs won't try to use furnitures located in inaccessible areas. However if you increase fSandboxCylinderTop & fSandboxCylinderBottom, this bug will be back in some areas.
Edited by Harpalus

After reading the entirety of the Nexus mod page, this mod sounds like a godsend for Skyrim. A truly immersive NPC system. Not to mention it could replace several mods in STEP or their features which uses scripts vs this mod which doesn't. Less scripts running is always good! This mod would be Extended territory for STEP. Possibly Core, depending on compatibility.

I'm going to install it right now to test it out on a STEP setup.

It is completely incompatible with the REGS pack and any mods that change buildings in key areas like Whiterun. I really like a lot of what it is done, but having to exclude all mods that change the navmesh records in places like Whiterun and some of the interior areas makes it unusable for those who want to use STEP as a foundation and want to use any of the popular location mods that affect Whiterun or the other areas mentioned on the mod page.

It is completely incompatible with the REGS pack and any mods that change buildings in key areas like Whiterun. I really like a lot of what it is done, but having to exclude all mods that change the navmesh records in places like Whiterun and some of the interior areas makes it unusable for those who want to use STEP as a building block and want to use any of the popular location mods that affect Whiterun or the other areas mentioned on the mod page.

Which is why I said, depending on compatibility. Future compatibility to be exact. If this mod takes off and becomes popular, patches will eventually come (albeit, probably from the various authors that make these changes since that would require CK work.) Navmeshes will be one of my first edits in the CK so I've been reading up on them. Making those types on conflicts for mods compatible would probably be one of the easier fixes compared to having to re-write AI for the additions of entirely new buildings.

Right now in it's current state, it's probably only Extended territory.