Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Hello

It has been a while since I have stopped to mod my Skyrim, so I decided to take a look at the new STEP and saw this mod.

I'm a little bit concerned by the differences between the "LITE" and the "FULL" version.

From what I understand the STEP requires the FULL version but it seems to be a problem about compatibility and it requires a new game.

What about the LITE version? Does it require a new game too? Sorry if it seems obvious but I don't find any information about it. I plan to start a new game anyway, but I try to learn everything I can before adding a new mod to my load order.

Plus I'm wondering why this mod is in version 0.3 like if it was unfinished. I understand that a mod can always be improved further, like the SKSE is still officially in beta.

But what about ICAIO? It is not so old (about 1 year) so I'm concerned about the long-term stability, what would be this mod's behaviour in the future? (long-term problems? updates?)

I am aware that there are debates and testing before a mod can be incorporated into the STEP, so I'm a little bit surprised to see that.

Thanks for reading

Immersive Citizens is a fantastic mod.

STEP does not require the full version, but it recommends it. There is a version of the STEP patch that can be installed if you only use the Lite version.

The Lite version is compatible with everything.

The full version is not compatible with everything because it touches so many things. However, it is compatible with most things, despite the rumours. Shurah has a great article on the Nexus page regarding compatibility.

The version number is nothing to be concerned with. Some authors will only declare a mod v1.0 when it is completed (which for Shurah would mean having the full version of the new AI on every NPC in the game, and having gone through all the towns and cities for any bugs, etc.). Some authors simply never have a v1.0.

The mod is very stable, and there shouldn't be any long-term problems. To be honest, I would put Shurah's work on the same level as Arthmoor's in terms of stability. The man knows his stuff, and incorporates every USLEEP fix into his mod (plus all of his own fixes).

First thanks for answering

So about the compatibility article on nexus, I have already looked at it but I was wondering about the LITE version too.

I was mainly looking for some details about stability and things like that.

The mods and the community are wonderful, however I hardly trust mods like ICAIO that look great at first sight but could be not well crafted and cause problems.

Thank you for enlighten me, I think I'll give it a try

And thanks to all of you for the STEP  :;):

Edited by Flobur

• 6 months later...

My opinion on the matter...

If you want to patch some other author's mod, do it. There is no need to as for permission if you are NOT using ANY assets and the main file is 100% required.

If you make references to the main file and/or the required assets, thats fine.

If you include your own assets, thats fine.

If you include one(or more) asset because you needed to change it, thats not okay, you need perms

If you include copies of records that are exactly the same as the main file, that should be avoided but its kind of grey. I would advise that you just edit and/or reference the original record.

Assets being any file outside the plugin file

And yes, I hate copyright nonsense that stifles creativity.

Thats exactly my understanding of  Nexus rules regarding patches. Whatever he may state in permissions he has no authority to demand other authors remove their patches under said rules. Its a pity MissJennabee didn't ignore his request and let it go to a Staff decision because I'm sure they'd have found in her favour but I guess she didn't want to deal with the risk/stress involved.

I think the detailed instructions for this mod should be updated to make it clear the mod is optional. Similar to ELE, the STEP Compilation installer will detect if the mod is or is not installed, and offer to install the appropriate STEP Compilation.

The detailed instructions also have a Notice about "installing the STEP Patches". Well, STEP Patches are not directly installed, they are loaded by the STEP Compilation.

I think the detailed instructions for this mod should be updated to make it clear the mod is optional. Similar to ELE, the STEP Compilation installer will detect if the mod is or is not installed, and offer to install the appropriate STEP Compilation.

The detailed instructions also have a Notice about "installing the STEP Patches". Well, STEP Patches are not directly installed, they are loaded by the STEP Compilation.

Done.

The notice is referring to the STEP Patches, which is installed later in the Guide. Users should decide up-front if they will be installing the Patches or not. This will be address more fully in the next release.