STEP v2.2.9.1 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

My system specs are:

Toshiba LX835-D3360 23-Inch All-in-One Desktop
Intel Core i7 i7-3630QM (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
8 GB DDR3
1000 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M, featuring 2GB of DDR3 discrete graphics memory
Windows 8

Honningbrew Meadery = 18-21 FPS
Outside Honningbrew Meadery (looking into the distance with Whiterun to the right) = 14-16 FPS
In front of Whiterun Doors (up the hill, looking into the further landscape) = 6-8 FPS

I installed STEP as directed to the letter with INI tweaks for Skyrim and ENB.
I also did a reset of INI files by restarting the Skyrim Launcher, allowing the suggested settings by the Launcher (very high), rather then the Ultra settings that I had prior, but with little improvement.

Everything looks great and at 14-16 FPS the character moves pretty smoothly with minor stuttering (???). Very playable.
It seems that with my system specs I should have way better FPS.

Thank you for the hard work and this past week marathon in finalizing STEP 2.2.9.1

Ok it doesn't seem that this problem has to do with STEP setup.

I lauched the game with as Vanilla baseline and I'm getting 20FPS Outside Honningbrew Meadery. Not a huge improvement from the 14-16FPS with STEP.

It just seems that I should be getting way more then that.

You probably should. Go to the launcher and lower all the distance sliders to about half way and maybe drop the shadow quality down a step. With ENB do you have the graphics part on or do you have only the ENBoost part on?

I followed your direction. This is what I'm getting with STEP Extended (baseline quality)

Honningbrew Meadery = 22-24 FPS vs 18-21 FPS

Outside Honningbrew Meadery (looking into the distance with Whiterun to the right) = 14-16 FPS (no major changes, although with vanilla there was a significate improvement of 24-25 FPS vs 14-16 FPS

In front of Whiterun Doors (up the hill, looking into the further away landscape) = 15-16 FPS vs 6-8 FPS. This is were I noted the biggest improvement.

The only enb files I have in my Skyrim folder are: d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, endlocal.ini, enbseries.ini

Here are the currect settings for enb:

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

VideoMemorySizeMb=3746

EnableCompression=true

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=true

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=16

ForceLodBias=false

LodBias=0.0

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

EnableVSync=true

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

(Doesn't seem that this issue has to do with STEP 2.2.9.1, I probably should start a new post under the troubleshooting post?)

Edited by edynacio

What is your screen resolution? 1080p I assume. Not sure you have the horsepower if vanilla is running in the 20s for FPS.

That's the conclusion I'm getting.

When I bought my system a couple years ago I thought the specs by themselves would've been sufficient but apparently all-in-one pc's are not the best option for gaming.

I'll be reading STEP hardware guide and considering building or buying a mini tower (I'm limited with space). Any good online places to start other then Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect?

Thanks

Edited by edynacio

I'll be reading STEP hardware guide and considering building or buying a mini tower (I'm limited with space). Any good online places to start other then Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect?

Nevermind, I just realized that you give links to additional resources in the end of Hardware guide

on Skyrim HD's Wiki page for hiding files:

textures\landscape\frozenmarshice01.dds
textures\landscape\frozenmarshice01_n.dds
textures\landscape\frozenmarshgrass01.dds
textures\landscape\frozenmarshgrass01_n.dds
Are out of alpha order.

Also, I am guessing that 

textures\lod\dirt02_n.dds
should be changed to "dirt02lod_n.dds"

Also, in the FOMOD instructions for SMIM, there is an error in the installer for "Solitude Gate Doors." The installer has options of "Smelters" and "none." The Wiki says to select "Solitude Gate Doors." However, selecting "Smelters" in the installer points to the Solitude Gate Doors folder, so it just looks like a typo in the installer. Probably should say something about that in the Wiki.

Edited by z929669

Not so much a bug, but perhaps a lag of description. If one (me for instance) is running a laptop (or SLI/dual graphics), I think it would be a good service to add the options of the Optimus Fix and/or Injector version. While you do mention the Injector version, you fail to mention that one needs to remanage the launcher list when using SKSE and the Injector in the enbinjector.ini. I don't know if you support the use of the Optimus Fix, nor if it is as effective as Injector version.

Just a thought worth considering. 

Not so much a bug, but perhaps a lag of description. If one (me for instance) is running a laptop (or SLI/dual graphics), I think it would be a good service to add the options of the Optimus Fix and/or Injector version. While you do mention the Injector version, you fail to mention that one needs to remanage the launcher list when using SKSE and the Injector in the enbinjector.ini. I don't know if you support the use of the Optimus Fix, nor if it is as effective as Injector version.

Just a thought worth considering. 

This is more appropriately posted in this forum section (ENB related):

https://forum.step-project.com/forum/57-enb-support/

• +1 1

In the Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade detailed instructions it says:

"Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Load after:

• Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp"

I think it should read "Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp" instead of "Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

In the Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade detailed instructions it says:

"Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Load after:

• Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp"

I think it should read "Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp" instead of "Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Nope, refresh your browser for that mod page. It's been updated to download an optional file which installs the new ESP for the leveled list.

on Skyrim HD's Wiki page for hiding files:

textures\landscape\frozenmarshice01.dds
textures\landscape\frozenmarshice01_n.dds
textures\landscape\frozenmarshgrass01.dds
textures\landscape\frozenmarshgrass01_n.dds
Are out of alpha order.

Also, I am guessing that

textures\lod\dirt02_n.dds
should be changed to "dirt02lod_n.dds"

Also, in the FOMOD instructions for SMIM, there is an error in the installer for "Solitude Gate Doors." The installer has options of "Smelters" and "none." The Wiki says to select "Solitude Gate Doors." However, selecting "Smelters" in the installer points to the Solitude Gate Doors folder, so it just looks like a typo in the installer. Probably should say something about that in the Wiki.

Tech will need to confirm this I think, as I am not set up with the latest config to verify.

I think I have this right but bear with me if I have got something wrong - its been a long day................ :lol:

Could some additional info be added to the installation pages on the Enhanced Lighting for ENB-LITE.

Reason is that the mod won't work with any location that has changed a lighting template added roombounds or roommarkers etc  (i.e. probably most modded player homes, for example; Breezehome springs to mind as its heavily modded and I know of several Breezehomes which have added roombounds).  

Appreciate that's nothing to do with STEP but many players will possibly have, or want to have, Step core and also the odd modded home.  Would be easier to make the decisions if that info was included. Also the blue info banner on the additional instructions suggests that ELE installation can be skipped but (I think) its a master in the step core patch and that should maybe be mentioned as well?