plugins not loaded in launcher, even when starting OBSE via Steam in MO

djoka

Question

Dear STEP supporters and others willing to help,

I have encountered a problem with MO in launching Oblivion. The core of the problem is that plugins installed via MO, and other executables in MO, don't get loaded, even when I launch Oblivion through MO.

Okay so on to more detailed description. i installed oblivion, launched the vanilla game, installed OBSE, installed MO and other programs (OBMM, BOSS, TES4Edit) as executables in and installed a bunch of mods through MO on a specific profile. when necessary i ran the executables through MO (omod mods), ran boss and made a bashed patch etc. so far so good. anyway, i did everything the way i did for Skyrim and FNV (both of which work fine and run the selected mods). the obse thing is a bit tricky with oblivion, but i did as instructed on other forums, namely added steam as executable and added -applaunch 22330 to arguments. when i run steam it goes in oblivion launcher, however when i inspect data files only the official DLCs are present. the data folder is filled with installed mods and DLCs according to MO.

it seems as if MO doesn't create the virtual folder and even though i start Steam through MO, it launches vanilla game. i read through some posts on this forum and other forums, but i might have missed the answer in which case i apologize for a new topic. i will gladly give more information in order to sort out the problem, however at this time i am unsure which information is relevant to the situation.

Thank you and best regards

djoka: If you need help getting MO working via Steam and MO, see the double launcher thread. There are posts there by DoubleYou and GSDFan that help solve (and explain) the issues, and why you have to do things a specific way. 

As far as the game not loading: 
How are your archives handled? Unchecking certain BSA's in the archives tab has fixed this issue for me.

but the looks of things i am dealing with the problems described in the suggested thread. i'll carefully read through it and try what the proposed solutions. the frustrating thing  is i got everything working once through MO, even played the game for a while. then all of a sudden i get an infinite loading screen on loading a save game (memory allocation, i guess?). i try to do a complete reinstall and the above problem occurs. due to all of these issues i postponed my trip to cyrodiil and went back on vvardenfel, visited skyrim and had fun in the mojave desert (took a few shots). i'll get back to this and solve it, soon...ish.

thank you for your help