Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin (by Preeum)

TechAngel85

Discussion thread:
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin by Preeum
Wiki Link

This is a beautiful grass mod which overhauls the grasses in Skyrim. Each region has its own unique style which blend in well with the other textures for the region. This mod also claims to be performance friendly while still providing lush grass since it uses the Grass on Steroids tweak. Verdant also removes the "grass rocks" from the game similar to Insignificant Object Remover; however, it also removes all underwater kelp as well.

This mod is compatible with SFO, however, install it after SFO. This way you get SFO Trees with Verdant grasses.

Those installing this mod with ICAIO will need to forward some location records added by ICAIO:
  • 000099B6
  • 000099B7

As of version 2.2, Verdant is not up-to-date with the latest USLEEP release (v3.0.6). Users will need to forward the following records:

• 0000929A
  • 0000BC34

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very performance heavy. Has lots of clipping through building / objects etc.

I actually get very good performance with it as long as you make the recommended INI tweaks on that page:

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15 (Always, even with SFO)

iMinGrassSize=70

My rig is:

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz

16 GB RAM

500 GB SSD

4096 MB GTX 760

I'd be curious if the wind effects tweak will work with this mod. It doesn't with SFO. But it does with vanilla. I wonder if it is connected to the meshes or the plugin.

Edit: nope. Just my own stupid fault for making a duplicate grass section.

You'd never guess it from the title but this video is one of the few I've found that has a comparison between Verdant 2.0 and Unbelievable Grass Two:

Potentially NSFW...

I was leaning towards Verdant but, after watching this, I'm going to have to try UGT again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys or Girls, :)

Now, I'm trying Verdant. It looks good and I do not really experience any performance issue.

But, could anyone what are these for?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60220/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D60220%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2310764&pUp=1

From the sticky notes section.

The mod author says:

MY PERSONAL INI SETTINGS

Skyrim.ini:
[Grass]
iGrassCellRadius=2
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
bGrassPointLighting=1
b30GrassVS=0
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15
iMinGrassSize=70

Skyrimprefs.ini
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=0
fGrassStartFadeDistance=9000.0000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=9000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=400.0000

Mainly, the two setting I highlighted.

Does anyone know, what they are actually do, chainging, are they good, or not?

Thanks!

b30GrassVS toggles shader 3.0 filters on grass vertex shader??? It might not do anything.

iGrassCellRadius sets the radius of cells around the player that grass is drawn (I think). Anyhow, according to Sheson, the maximum you can use without issues is half of uGridsToLoad minus 1.

uGridsToLoad=5 -> iGrassCellRadius=2
uGridsToLoad=7 -> iGrassCellRadius=3
uGridsToLoad=9 -> iGrassCellRadius=4

b30GrassVS toggles shader 3.0 filters on grass vertex shader??? It might not do anything.

iGrassCellRadius sets the radius of cells around the player that grass is drawn (I think). Anyhow, according to Sheson, the maximum you can use without issues is half of uGridsToLoad minus 1.

uGridsToLoad=5 -> iGrassCellRadius=2

uGridsToLoad=7 -> iGrassCellRadius=3

uGridsToLoad=9 -> iGrassCellRadius=4

Hey DoubleYou,

"b30GrassVS toggles shader 3.0 filters on grass vertex shader??? It might not do anything."

I had a feeling something like that, because tried to find infos via Google, but nothing exact. Not in STEP, nor in Legendary, just some forum, topic, but nothing sure.

"iGrassCellRadius=2"

I guess in this case this one, could be the default value just not set manually.

Thank you for the infos!

btw, the grass clipper fix is really annoying because its easy to get tears in the landscape from other mods.

I'll probably write an xEdit script to move them because there are a lot.

Hi,

What grass clipper fix is?

I have never heared about it...

Hi,

What grass clipper fix is?

I have never heared about it...

This was something that wasnt really geared toward your question but the purpose is to change some of the landscape textures to nograss variants so that grass doesnt spawn, this is a vanilla feature but they definitely missed some spots.

Me personally it causes a larger headache than its worth.