XCOM 2

Neovalen

Another new release coming out this year I'm really looking forward to. The storyline is based upon a FAILED XCOM: Enemy Unknown play through. That is, the aliens have taken over the world and XCOM is now a resistance force.

Reveal Trailer:

E3 Gameplay:

Put in many hours playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within... can't wait to play this one.

I seen these a while back. I still play XCOM from time to time and even have it modded a bit to make it more realistic and challenging.

Apparently this new version is PC exclusive with a focus on the mod community / steam workshop.

I don't like the cartoon graphics too much, I am more of a realistic looking stuff guy. I did like the first XCOM until I got bored, though (pretty quickly unfortunately, some 80 hours).

This new one is supposedly built on procedural level building... i.e. no two maps will be the same for replayability. Will see how they pull it off.

Apparently this new version is PC exclusive with a focus on the mod community / steam workshop.

Yes, I whatched an interview today where it was confirmed that modding was one of their focuses. They're making it completely moddable and are going to provide an editor and gameplay source for modders that would allow everything from smaller mods up to total conversions of the game. Sounds like they've opened it up as well as Bethesda for modding. I quote:

"...when you look at something like Skyrim or GTA that have these multiple interdependent systems and the exciting thing that can be done with them...we feel like the XCOM world is right for that."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...