77 replies to this topic

#31 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

Well it would sorta make sense for them to go that route. After all I can imagine that working on more or less the same engine, and same universe, and setting etc. gets a bit tiring. Good idea to release tools to make the game have even more longevity, while they work on their next project. 

#32 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:11 AM

The hype train on this title is reaching critical mass for me, and it literally blew my mind to read this today:

https://xcom.com/new...tent-for-launch

I am going to lose many, many, hours to this game.

15 days until release... bring on the Sectopods!

#33 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

XCOM-2 Digital Deluxe available for 25% off at GMG.com

http://www.greenmang...igital-deluxe/#

#34 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:25 PM

An excellent fan trailer:
https://youtu.be/-pJHto4YWms

GMG gave me my refund for my original preorder so picked up the deluxe for $10 more. Deluxe includes soundtrack and season pass.

Edit: Somehow I missed an official trailer last year, doh!

https://youtu.be/j0qHZG1-rEg

#35 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

Let the mods roll... they are giving away everything.

http://www.idigitalt...erything-508237

#36 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

Decided to give XCOM: Enemy Unknown a shot as it was available for Kr. 50,- (a bit less than 6 dollars) on Steam this weekend. Not really sure whether it's my thing as I haven't tried anything like it before, and I'm not really a huge fan of the graphical style, but a friend spoke rather highly of it so I thought - why not? If I get hooked I'll probably arrive just in time for some of fancier mods when I get around to XCOM 2 anyways. ^^

#37 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,279 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

I fell in love with it after I got used to it. I recommend playing it through once unmodded, but perhaps toss on a SweetFX preset to enhance the graphics a bit. That's what I did. My second playthrough, which is still in progress, I added in one overhaul mod that made it a lil more realistic, more challenging, and has made the game last longer.

#38 rootsrat

rootsrat

Dragon Lord

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

Great news about proper mod support. The previous game was a real pain when it came to mods. 

Last year at Lavecon, I've had an honour of meeting in person Julian Gollop, the creator of the original X-COM. It was fun watching him play a custom fan made board version of X-Com game. Sadly there were no more places at the table :( 

He's recently released a cool litle game called Chaos Reborn - a digital version of one of his early board games called Chaos. Check it out if you like fantasy themed, turned based tactical battle game with deck of cards twist. It's a little gem that not many people know about. 

Anyway, X-Com 2 preordered a few days ago, can't wait for the release!

#39 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:40 PM

The reviews are streaming in, looks like an avg of 9.1/10 or so. Can't wait.

#40 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

Decided to give XCOM: Enemy Unknown a shot as it was available for Kr. 50,- (a bit less than 6 dollars) on Steam this weekend. Not really sure whether it's my thing as I haven't tried anything like it before, and I'm not really a huge fan of the graphical style, but a friend spoke rather highly of it so I thought - why not? If I get hooked I'll probably arrive just in time for some of fancier mods when I get around to XCOM 2 anyways. ^^

I hope you like pain, commander. :)

The beauty of XCOM is the highs of victory and the soul-crushing beat down of defeat. Its when you miss that 95% shot and get murdered for missing, or hit that low 20% shot to save a beloved soldier.

#41 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,279 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

Nexus is jumping on board for those of you that haven't seen it yet!

http://www.nexusmods...es/news/12720/?

#42 AcesofDeath7

AcesofDeath7

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

Steam pre-load is in effect! :woot:

#43 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:31 PM

Yep yep, starting that when I get home. Got my keys from GMG.

#44 Genius384

Genius384

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

Took the next two weeks off of work to play, lmao.  I can't wait.  

I'm in EST but might use a VPN to unlock tonight, but I want to play with the Submachine Gun mod from the LW team as default.

#45 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

Curiousity, what difficulty is everyone going to play for their first attempt? Ironman or no?

I'm thinking of going nuts and doing Legend Ironman for my first run, I enjoy pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users