Don't let the game auto load after death?

kylhwch

Question

Recently, I was browsing and noticed someone talking about how we shouldn't let the game reload if we die. Instead, we should quit out, restart the game, and then load from our last save. He mentioned something about a known bug with autoload. But I was in the middle of something and forgot where I read that or even if what the context was. When back and tried to find that remark again but couldn't.

So have anyone of you heard this, too? Is this good advice? Or should I maybe lay off the drugs?

4 answers to this question

Recently, I was browsing and noticed someone talking about how we shouldn't let the game reload if we die. Instead, we should quit out, restart the game, and then load from our last save. He mentioned something about a known bug with autoload. But I was in the middle of something and forgot where I read that or even if what the context was. When back and tried to find that remark again but couldn't.

So have anyone of you heard this, too? Is this good advice? Or should I maybe lay off the drugs?

With some of the older games, it is a thing, even though I have not seen this myself.

I do not know if the bug still exists in Skyrim.

Personally, I would load up my save and continue happily.

The engine does keep some stuff when the new save is loaded, like tgm but I dont know what else.