• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

This is my first guide, it's a WIP, and very unfinished.
Let me know what you think, any feedback is greatly welcomed.

http://wiki.step-pro...WOverEncumbered

EDIT:
To learn web design I made a simple website of this guide.
It is  mostly same guide, but I have added a few new mods and will be updating it more regularly.

This means the wiki guide hosted on STEP will still work, but a few instructions or versions may be incorrect as I have not had time to keep both updated.

http://www.TTWOEE.com

Edited by themagicteeth, 06 March 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

Just a quick one you might fix easily. The To Sleep, Perchance to Dream mod heading is not a clickable link like the others are. :)

EDIT: Another one to have a quick look at is here:

5. Close ModOrganizer, and navigate to "ModOrganizer/mods" folder, copy "MMM - TTW", and paste it into the "ModOrganizer/mods" folder.

I suspect you have one too many ModOrganizer/mods in there. :)

Edited by Nozzer66, 15 July 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#3 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Thanks Nozzer, fixed!

#4 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

Couple things I noticed briefly going through:

• With both Metro Carriage Interiors and Busworld you will have duplicate cells for each of the metro's.  Busworld will enter through the carriage body, and MCI will enter through carriage doors.  I never released compatible version, so you should choose just one.
  • I'll have to look at Railroads TTW patch he put up.  I was making one myself to release that worked better for the TTW side of things so it would natively fit with other TTW mods such as TTW-WMX, TTW-RWD, etc. without new patches.
  • PN -WMX and PN-EVE Patches from the main nexus page will not work with Roy's PN-TTW

#5 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Adonis.  I am just trying Railroads also, but I have not tried making any patches before so I was just rolling with what he had posted. I was wondering about those PN Patches, I have removed them now. 

Do you think https://taleoftwowas...le-scavenge-v11 would be compatible with Metro Carraige Interiors if MCI is loaded second? It works with Busworld that way.

Would it be too terribly difficult if I tried to make a patch between Busworld and MCI? I though I read somewhere if you deleted references in Busworld to the Metro then it would resolve most conflicts.

Edited by themagicteeth, 16 July 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#6 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

I haven't used that mod, but MCI doesn't actual touch the Metro Carriage like Busworld does.  It adds new activators just infront of the doors.  So it may work fine.  Just load it up in game and see.

As to edited Busworld version, you have to remove all edits on all Metro and Monorails then there is no issue with MCI.

#7 Daagar

Daagar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

Used this guide today, with filling in of some blanks from the various other TTW/F&L/CPD guides - result is what appears to be a fully functional game on (nearly) the first try. There were a few random minor issues, and I'll try to go back through and write those up for you but most weren't anything game-breaking.

The only issue I encountered, and this is just newbieness talking, is that at one point it was necessary to disable 'Have MO manage archives' (to run LODGen, maybe?). After whatever step that was, I never turned it back on. Attempting to load the game at the end lead to sheer brokenness - the title screen became my game cursor, for example :)  Once I turned that back on and rechecked everything - so far it seems flawless (granted, I'm not even out of the vault yet, but menus/HUD/graphics/mods all seem to be doing what they should be doing).

I did skip over a number of things, such as major quest packs (like I'll ever finish both games as it is...), MMM, and WMX - wasn't going for a super long and/or super hard game (and I was getting very tired and the extra steps for some of those was getting beyond my patience). It was very easy to determine which TTW compatability patches to swap in so no harm thus far in leaving them out.

Long story short, excellent guide and seems pretty complete as-is.

#8 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Daagar, F&L and Adoni IVs' guide make for a pretty stable base to start from!

I'll update those instructions, I actually made the same mistake and forgot to add it in. 

#9 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

What are you doing now that the TTW version of Darn's is gone?

#10 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

There is still the "alpha" version that Roy posted, https://taleoftwowas...ltimate-edition, have not updated the link yet in the guide. It is the same version number as the previous one, I will have to look into if it is the same or not, but I think it is. From my understanding there was some drama surrounding the other one, so he brought it back to alpha. It has also come to my attention that it may have a couple of issues with oHud, so I still need to look into that. Considering removing it, but am unsure yet.

Edited by themagicteeth, 04 August 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#11 MosAnted

MosAnted

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

There is still the "alpha" version that Roy posted, https://taleoftwowas...ltimate-edition, have not updated the link yet in the guide. It is the same version number as the previous one, I will have to look into if it is the same or not, but I think it is. From my understanding there was some drama surrounding the other one, so he brought it back to alpha. It has also come to my attention that it may have a couple of issues with oHud, so I still need to look into that. Considering removing it, but am unsure yet.

I haven't checked the "old" alpha yet, but I managed to get the last version before it was taken down and it wasn't compatible with oHud. Namely, you couldn't hide the new HUD elements with iHUD, and it had it's own Primary Needs meters, making eHUD's redundant. I didn't think to see if aHud worked though. Personally I just went back to NV DarnUI with oHUD until/if DarnUI-TTW gets to a more developed state.

Also the TTW version of DarnUI is apparently incompatible with Readius/PipBoy 2500 and that's what prompted the drama.

Edited by MosAnted, 04 August 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#12 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

Ok, Cheers. :) 

#13 whitefox25

whitefox25

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hi following your guide, all is good thus far but ive hit a slight bump.

The Mantis Imperative - Nasty Zeta.esp is causing my main menu text not to load, bear in mind this I am up this point in the guide so i dont know if patches will fix it further down? Ive tried load order tweaking and replacing the file to no avail.

Worst comes to the worst ill just not include it in my install but any help is appreciated. THanks for the guide!

#14 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

Hi following your guide, all is good thus far but ive hit a slight bump.

The Mantis Imperative - Nasty Zeta.esp is causing my main menu text not to load, bear in mind this I am up this point in the guide so i dont know if patches will fix it further down? Ive tried load order tweaking and replacing the file to no avail.

Worst comes to the worst ill just not include it in my install but any help is appreciated. THanks for the guide!

There are no patches later on for the Mantis Imperative, so there must be some problem with either the guide or your install. Unfortunantly I do not have my Fallout install setup at the moment (doing some computer work), so I cannot check it out on my end. Best I can suggest is to be sure you have followed the directions (disabled all ESP's and installing the replacement). It was working last I installed it, I may need to investigate that section of the guide when I do my install. Sorry for the hiccup, and that I can't be of more help!

#15 Usiel

Usiel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

I know you don't have a setup but have you considered in adding the TTW Immersive Armors and Weapons mod? I have been looking for a very nicely placed TTW mod and I think this one fits just nicely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallout_NV, fallout_nv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users