• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

I know you don't have a setup but have you considered in adding the TTW Immersive Armors and Weapons mod? I have been looking for a very nicely placed TTW mod and I think this one fits just nicely.

I have not actually looked into that. I will definently take a look though and consider adding it, thanks for the heads up. I feel like there may be  conflicts that would need to be addressed, which is the only reason I would be wary of it. If you try it out let me know how that works out!!!!

#17 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

I am taking a Web Development course in college currently and was inspired to try making a webpage of this guide.
The website is:

http://www.TTWOEE.com

It's basically the same guide, just more material design-ish, it is just hosted on Google Drive right now. Just kind of a fun side project.

Edited by themagicteeth, 21 December 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#18 RoyBatty

RoyBatty

Prisoner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:55 AM

Few little corrections and additions.

Most important is to make sure people know to get the load time hotfix, it is linked on the alpha download page and it will prevent broken games and extremely long loading times. It will be merged into the main in the next release. A few assets got left out of the last BSA, the alien skeletons are needed from mothership zeta, and there are some missing reload sounds. I'll try to get these hotfixes posted soon.

TTWFixes, Authors, uUF3P Team, YUP Team, NVEC Team, TJ, Roy Batty

A World of Pain FO3 , Authors: Dj Mystro, Roy Batty

A World of Pain NV , Authors: Dj Mystro, Athelbras, Roy Batty

Busworld, Authors, summel, Gribbleshnibit8, pintocat

StreetLights, Description, +Billboard Lighting and other enhancements

The OWB Sonic Emitter fix shouldn't be needed, my own version of this fix is in TTWFixes

The PN Med-X fix shouldn't be needed, pretty sure I included that or a different way of fixing it in the 1.3 update of Extra Options

KiCHo666's ragdolls, you can combine the F3 ones with the NV ones, just overwrite the dupes with the NV ones. Adds the ones for the FO3 DLC's and Behemoth etc. I recommend the ones without collision. The esp from the F3 one is not needed, it's functionality is provided in the NV one.

Bear in mind that master updating esp's might need a bit more work to make sure that any references used by scripts are set to persistent or they will stop functioning.

Puce's mods for F3 are largely un-navmeshed and not optimized (sadly), recommended to leave companions behind.

Nice comprehensive guide which is an alternative to Adonis' guide.

#19 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Thanks Roy! I made those changes. Thanks for taking a look at it, means a lot!

#20 RoyBatty

RoyBatty

Prisoner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:06 PM

You're welcome.

I missed the author notes on the PN patch for TTW too.

Authors - Thatchor, Jax, Puppettron, Roy Batty

AWOP for FO3 is still got an author error, Sarge and killergrim have nothing to do with the mod. :)

I'm going to ask a few of the authors if it's OK if I make bindiff patches for a few mods soon, particularly the Bounties mods. This will convert them into esm's to fix the navmesh issues and make everything work properly as esm. If I get permission I need some testers though.

#21 TDarkShadow

TDarkShadow

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

I believe the REPCONN Test Site Fixes are no longer needed with the latest TTW Fixes.

After following your guide (the one on ttwoee.com), there is still some conflict resolution needed.
Mostly some minor conflicts with the Enhanced Lighting mod, which doesn't get forwarded with Bash tags.

#22 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

I believe the REPCONN Test Site Fixes are no longer needed with the latest TTW Fixes.

After following your guide (the one on ttwoee.com), there is still some conflict resolution needed.
Mostly some minor conflicts with the Enhanced Lighting mod, which doesn't get forwarded with Bash tags.

I'm pretty sure that REPCONN Test Site Fixes have not yet been integrated into TTW Fixes.  I know it has been included in the YUP Patch for FNV, but I do not think Roy has added it to the TTW Fixes merge yet.  But I may be wrong.

I am interested to hear how the site worked for you and what you thought of it, I recently made a pretty big layout update to it, right after you posted this comment. Making it one page more in line with how it is presented here and adding hover menus on the table of contents to make it easier to navigate. 

I am not the best with conflict resolution patches, I am sure that there are plenty of conflicts, heh.  I have not had time to sit down and really figure out how to make one.  If you make one that takes care of most (or any) of them let me knowt! 

#23 TDarkShadow

TDarkShadow

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

I'm pretty sure that REPCONN Test Site Fixes have not yet been integrated into TTW Fixes.
I know it has been included in the YUP Patch for FNV, but I do not think Roy has added it to the TTW Fixes merge yet.
But I may be wrong.

On closer inspection, we are both partially right.
TTWFixes has the quest "Come Fly With Me" fixed but REPCONN also fixes some other minor things like NPC's sandbox packages (like Harland walking towards the rocket launching path.)

I am interested to hear how the site worked for you and what you thought of it, I recently made a pretty big layout update to it, right after you posted this comment.
Making it one page more in line with how it is presented here and adding hover menus on the table of contents to make it easier to navigate.

Pretty slick.
Easier to follow too.
A small design improvement would be a marker or arrow if the menu / tab has sub-menus in it. (Like "Introduction" > "Summary", "Tools", ..)

I am not the best with conflict resolution patches, I am sure that there are plenty of conflicts, heh.
I have not had time to sit down and really figure out how to make one.
If you make one that takes care of most (or any) of them let me know!

Me neither. But as you play the game, reconizing errors and fixing them, will help a lot.
I mostly do conflict resolution as I play the game. Mainly with Fallout 4 at the moment.

Thanks though for putting much work into the guide.
I deleted some quest mods and added some gameplay / companion mods though, but that's because I play on rather hard settings.
If I managed to merge the mods correctly and test for errors, I will surely share them.

#24 TDarkShadow

TDarkShadow

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

I see you incorporated my suggestion :p

One more suggestion, would this page be a nice addition or rather not?
http://wiki.step-pro..._Equipment_Pack
Except the Spice Of Life addition since we don't use it on TTW. Unless you add it.

Edited by hishutup, 16 September 2016 - 01:58 AM.

#25 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:30 AM

Figured I should make a note of stuff that is missing on the website version.

For the Main TTW file, grab all the hot fixes except the startmenu mod as it isnt used.

One can probably also grab the DC Reputation option in the optionals

For the TTW Fixes, grab all the hotfixes. For the Armor Mesh Hotfixes put all the folders inside meshes\armor\

If you want to be a more in line with F&L then you can probably add Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix, OWB Sonic Emitter Projectile Fix and the custom gameplay tweaks.
You can probably add another merge with

TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
TTW_Reputation.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
ttw_wildwasteland.esp
OWB Sonic Emmiter Fix.esp
Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp
REPCONN Test Site Fixes.esp
Reload Speed Game Start Fix.esp
TTWVaultSuitHotfix.esp
Game Tweaks.esp

If you want the UI to be more in line with F&L, I'd add FPS Weapon Wheel and JIP Improved Recipe Menu

I dont think the JIP Selective-Fire patches are needed anymore. I don't really know what the origin or original purpose was for the patches but they are quite different.

If you want to be more in line with F&L then I'd add the entire Gopher's Advanced Recon section and New Vegas Uncut section.

To bring this more in line with F&L it may be beneficial to just use the Uncut Wasteland plus NPCs.

Uncut Extra Collection may have some conflicts with other mods but currently I do not know of any.

For Alton IL grab the two attachments here. The revoiced project seems to be worthwhile, dont forget the lip files

A Reasoned Argument from the FNV page seems to have a bunch of errors, like the TTW conversion script was never run. I would recommend downloading a fresh from from here.
Adding all the TTW masters, on load you only need to check taleoftwowastelands.esm and AReasonedArgument.esp. Then rightclick on AReasonedArgument.esp -> Add Masters... and check all of the masters. Then rightclick on AReasonedArgument.esp -> Sort Masters. Save and reload(unnecessary) and apply the script. Boom, no more errors.

UHQ Terrain Overhaul has an esp that either needs to be tossed or TTWified. I went with TTWifing it.

Better Booze is marked for FNV, when its a FO3 mod
Also, what option do you recommend for the wine pack.

Urban Food and Chems Re-tex overwrites the HI-RES Chems and Health Re-Texture radaway. The FO3 version doesnt say a specific location.

Tweaked Cashregister and Tweaked Chems Replacer are marked as FO3

Cherry Bomb HD retexture and remodel doesnt seem to have any bain options.

Ghouls Hires retexture, grab the "Ghoul retexture" main file as body replacers are not used which I prefer.

Super Mutant Mesh Replacer link is dead since copy went away, new link here

NCR Trooper Overhaul_beta, grab the Vanilla Body Patch

The Legacy of X13 - An Armor Overhaul, don't use Type 3 Mesh

AWOP FO3 - AWOP NV - WMX - EVE Compatibility Patch, people should also install the WMX - EVE Patch as it focuses on just the two mods. The current recommended patch makes AWOP more consistent with WMX and ELE, ignoring the issues between the two. TTW - AWOP NV may also be needed.

Interior Lighting Overhaul needs Fomod directions. My guess is that you're going to recommend what Ess does

Snowglobe Perks has an extra esp for skills, I assume you removed that as it isnt present in the merge.

Bottle That Water needs a note to move/delete the other esp

Tutorial Killer seems to already include a form of the factions esp

TTWOEE - Gameplay Merge is lacking ExtendedDialogueVulpes.esp

For some reason ENBoost stutters, I found that EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true seems to alleviate this issue. After looking around it doesnt seem to do any actual harm but it can mess with web browsers and alttabbing no longer works. I think this is much worth the sacrifice.

The 4GB patch seems to cause the really odd white sparkle or flicker. The effect is really hard to see and is fairly random but seems to happen while moving around. I know that the LAA patch for Oblivion can cause a windows exception for win10 users. 

This guide is very interesting. I never really looked into TTW stuff but this is actually pretty cool. The community over there also appears to be pretty strong, especially with adapting other mods to fit the new gameplay

EDIT: Currently looking into properly patching some of this. It could be worse if the TTW guys didnt provide any premade patches.

#26 Grumpyhouse

Grumpyhouse

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

Following the Book of Steel write-up, I have the Book of Steel - TTW.esp but not Book of Steel.esp. I'm guessing Main File Book of Steel Compatability Edition is supposed to be installed along with the TTW Optional.

#27 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

hishutup: Thank you for all the updates/notes, I have been unable to keep up with updating the guide as I have been very busy with school and work. I am planning on updating the site soon, but right now I don't even have an installation. So most likely I will start from scratch and update everything as I go.

Following the Book of Steel write-up, I have the Book of Steel - TTW.esp but not Book of Steel.esp. I'm guessing Main File Book of Steel Compatability Edition is supposed to be installed along with the TTW Optional.

Yes that is correct, things may have changed since my last installation but I believe that is right. Sorry if that part is  a little confusing. Like I said I am planning on doing an update to the guide soon, to make it more clear and easier for me to manage.

#28 Barachiel

Barachiel

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

Okay, I've finally decided to take the dive.

Deleted my old MO installs, and started over fresh.  Game runs just fine in Vanilla.  I slowly modded according to this list, no additions or subtractions.  I would periodically stop and check up as I cleared sections and the game would load to the main menu and a clean save (thanks for the link).  It continued to do this right up until the Bashed Patch and LODGen stage.  I generated my tags, bashed my patch, and generated my lod.

Now i get nothing but a black screen on startup, followed by a crash to desktop about 90 seconds later.  

I've deactivated all mods, and I get the cursor and some kind of weird jumbled up distortion pattern in the bottom left corner.  BUT if I switch back to my vanilla profile, it'll load.  My usual thought along these lines is an INI issue, but I haven't touched my INI since the early stages, and it loaded fine then.  If it was just something with the Bashed Patch or LODGEN, deactivating them should fix it, and it doesn't.

Any ideas?  I'd really like to try TTW.

Ruled out an INI issue.  Copied over the ones from my working Vanilla MO profile, and exact same problem.  

Edited by Barachiel, 27 September 2016 - 04:27 PM.

#29 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

I've seen issues with mods that have loads of errors, some issues are harmless but others are unusable.

I use this to try and find mods that were not converted to TTW properly.

It works by finding any mod that doesnt have FNV as a master, not good for fine T/S but is handy for raising some sort of flag.

Do w/e you please with this.

Bashed Patch seems to do something weird when handling "Deleted" flagged records and alters the data.

EDIT: I have some other useful info here

#30 themagicteeth

themagicteeth

Prisoner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

Okay, I've finally decided to take the dive.

Deleted my old MO installs, and started over fresh.  Game runs just fine in Vanilla.  I slowly modded according to this list, no additions or subtractions.  I would periodically stop and check up as I cleared sections and the game would load to the main menu and a clean save (thanks for the link).  It continued to do this right up until the Bashed Patch and LODGen stage.  I generated my tags, bashed my patch, and generated my lod.

Now i get nothing but a black screen on startup, followed by a crash to desktop about 90 seconds later.  

I've deactivated all mods, and I get the cursor and some kind of weird jumbled up distortion pattern in the bottom left corner.  BUT if I switch back to my vanilla profile, it'll load.  My usual thought along these lines is an INI issue, but I haven't touched my INI since the early stages, and it loaded fine then.  If it was just something with the Bashed Patch or LODGEN, deactivating them should fix it, and it doesn't.

Any ideas?  I'd really like to try TTW.

Ruled out an INI issue.  Copied over the ones from my working Vanilla MO profile, and exact same problem.  

The first thing I can suggest is this:

Ensure that in the right tab of Mod Organizer under Archives  that all of them are checked and that let Mod Organizer handle archives is checked as well. When I had a problem similar to your this is what fixed it for me. 

EDIT: I also always used a Merge Patch, I never got around to making the full bashed patch (not enough time), so I would maybe try using that instead of the Bash patch. FNVLOD too I never quite got that working how I wanted, so maybe try disabling that as well.

Edited by themagicteeth, 28 September 2016 - 12:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallout_NV, fallout_nv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users