37 replies to this topic

#31 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:08 AM

I was poking around with a bashed patch and a merged patch, neither of which offer the perfect solution.

#32 Barachiel

Barachiel

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

The first thing I can suggest is this:

Ensure that in the right tab of Mod Organizer under Archives  that all of them are checked and that let Mod Organizer handle archives is checked as well. When I had a problem similar to your this is what fixed it for me. 

EDIT: I also always used a Merge Patch, I never got around to making the full bashed patch (not enough time), so I would maybe try using that instead of the Bash patch. FNVLOD too I never quite got that working how I wanted, so maybe try disabling that as well.

*FACEPALM*  Somehow the FNV main BSAs got unchecked.  Re-checked them, and suddenly it works.  Can get into FO3 Chargen now.  Will report back if I get successfully out of the Vault without issues.

#33 Barachiel

Barachiel

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

Okay, still making my way through Vault 101, and it's going more smoothly than my last attempt to run the C&PD modlist.  However, I've noticed one quirk:  all conversations sound like they're taking place right next to me even when the people talking are across the map in a different room.  Best example: I can hear Stanley and Jonah talking in the Clinic while Mr. Brotch is giving the GOAT.  And I mean CLEARLY, like they're right next to me in-game.  

As bugs go, it's a livable one, but I've never had one like this before, and was wondering if anyone knows the cause.

#34 Barachiel

Barachiel

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:48 PM

Okay, got out of Vault 101.  The audio problem isn't entirely fixed, but it's not as noticable.  

So far, I've noticed only two problems out in the world.

1)  If I die and reload, my FPS is crap.  I have to exit the game and restart to get a good FPS.

2)  I've encountered an invisible raider.  I dont' mean missing textures, or floating bits. I mean a completely invisible raider.  It wasn't using a stealth boy, as I could target it in VATS.  I just couldn't see it.  When it died, it stayed invisible, but I could loot it's remains.  *headscratch*  Only encountered one so far, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if I'm going to start encountering it more.

#35 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

Okay, got out of Vault 101.  The audio problem isn't entirely fixed, but it's not as noticable.  

So far, I've noticed only two problems out in the world.

1)  If I die and reload, my FPS is crap.  I have to exit the game and restart to get a good FPS.

2)  I've encountered an invisible raider.  I dont' mean missing textures, or floating bits. I mean a completely invisible raider.  It wasn't using a stealth boy, as I could target it in VATS.  I just couldn't see it.  When it died, it stayed invisible, but I could loot it's remains.  *headscratch*  Only encountered one so far, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if I'm going to start encountering it more.

1. I havent observed something similar however, FNV has this odd bug where the FPS will degrade over time. There is no known solution other than to restart the application. The actual issue is over my head but its probably some thread.

2. I played it for a while and didnt come across anything but with that game, I wasn't using the entire guide. I will say that I had this really odd thing in skyrim where Farm Animals(mod) would all be invisible but the entity would still be there. I remember spending hours trying to figure this out. I think it came down to win7 messed up the folder perms when I was loaded into win10 because the files would be there but not actually exist. I my solution is not an acceptable one as I didnt know what actually caused the issue.

What I experienced is probably not what you're experiencing.

As for the other issues.

I havent observed similar audio issues. There are my current settings for my specific audio card, but this probably isnt the source of the issue. I havent installed any "funny" applications, codecs, extentions. Im basically running regular win10 with only necessary software for day-to-day use.

uhzpj9z.png

I don't tolerate those sorts of bugs, as they are a good indication that something is wrong and should be addressed.

As for the menus, yup, seen that more than once, my solution was identical.

#36 Grumpyhouse

Grumpyhouse

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:59 PM

Has anyone noticed an issue with the latest Windows 10 updates breaking something? I had this running fine prior to an update & now I crash after the main menu (loading any save or starting a new game). I even started over, got to the end of the User Interface section where it is suggested starting up the game to make sure the UI is working right & again crash after main menu.

#37 Grumpyhouse

Grumpyhouse

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:21 PM

Apologies. I wish I could edit out or delete my previous post as it doesn't directly relate to this guide.

#38 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:13 AM

The site's domain has expired.

I have a copy of the page that I can convert to STEP's wiki if need be.

I was tossing the idea of doing this anyway with TTW 3.0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout_nv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users