• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Biggtuard

Biggtuard

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

Following the STEP guide and downloading 100+ mods and their dependents and installing them and configuring them and setting up load order can be a bit overwhelming for someone who is new to mods like me which is why I was happy to hear about and automated STEP was in the works but disappointed to hear the project was dead and from what I can see from various forum posts, it is due somewhat or entirely to the fact that Robin Scott or "Dark0ne" is a greedy dickbagel. So my solution is to have the automated STEP installer open all of the necessary nexus pages for the user to manually download the mods, once the user has done that, SASTEP takes over and does the rest, that way, nexus still gets the page views and all the user had to do was manually download them.

#2 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:46 AM

Interesting idea what you're talking about is something like a macro combined with a hyperlink to open all the tabs in a browser similar to the "Open my tabs and windows from last time" feature in most browsers yes? While I'm sure it'd work the cynic in me also feels it a great way to overload people's systems and ram as well as being a security vulnerability.

Also, watch you language and tone.

#3 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

Following the STEP guide and downloading 100+ mods and their dependents and installing them and configuring them and setting up load order can be a bit overwhelming for someone who is new to mods like me which is why I was happy to hear about and automated STEP was in the works but disappointed to hear the project was dead and from what I can see from various forum posts, it is due somewhat or entirely to the fact that Robin Scott or "Dark0ne" is a greedy dickbagel. So my solution is to have the automated STEP installer open all of the necessary nexus pages for the user to manually download the mods, once the user has done that, SASTEP takes over and does the rest, that way, nexus still gets the page views and all the user had to do was manually download them.

Seeing as you mention you are new to modding, perhaps it's also true you are new to 'forum etiquette'.

I think it is clear to all you chose your username and worded this comment with the clear intent of besmirching another person, let me set you straight on that matter. STEP has a very good working relationship with the Nexus and consider Robin Scott to be a supporter of mod authors. Any idea that he has created Nexus rules solely for his advantage at the detriment of others is just wrong.

#4 Biggtuard

Biggtuard

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:17 AM

Interesting idea what you're talking about is something like a macro combined with a hyperlink to open all the tabs in a browser similar to the "Open my tabs and windows from last time" feature in most browsers yes? While I'm sure it'd work the cynic in me also feels it a great way to overload people's systems and ram as well as being a security vulnerability.

Also, watch you language and tone.

Yes I did use inappropriate language and I sorry.

That is exactly what I am proposing. Have all of the nexus pages open in tabs in the users browser. I have two ideas. First, notify the user and tell them to put their browser in offline mode so the pages don't load and the user can load as many at a time as they want or Second, have SASTEP generate an html page with hyperlinks to all the necessary nexus pages.

I would really like to see an automated STEP installer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users