TechAngel85

Stop stealing my job! ;-) The author is a nice person, but I'd love to see him/her stop slapping on grain and thinking it makes stuff more detailed. I can't actually believe this person posts texture file comparisons in the images too. Most people would try and hide that it's upscaled. That is some brass right there!

A lot of people get obsessed with the 'new' stuff. Always thinking that whatever just came out is better because you haven't seen it before. When the newness wears off it stops looking all that great. It happens quite a bit, even around here.

@Tech

Where did I say it's not better than current STEP? I was giving my opinion. I think you should look into things like this though as I have said before. If I took a vanilla sword - blew it up twice and added various noise layers - it would look better. Would it be worth the performance costs though? Probably not.

Edited by Guest

A lot of people get obsessed with the 'new' stuff. Always thinking that whatever just came out is better because you haven't seen it before. When the newness wears off it stops looking all that great. It happens quite a bit, even around here.

Yeah I look at the hot files on Nexus sometimes and this is true. A lot of older files don't register with newer users. They just spot this new item and have never checked if there is a better alternative available. A good example off the top of my head was that Better Dynamic Snow clone. It didn't add anything over our mod and I don't get why it was released in all honesty. I would have let the guy work on our version if he asked. It's all about the 'credz' sadly.

Edited by Guest

Added compares to OP. I tried to take shots in the same environment where you're going to see the falmer (Deepwater Crossing in this case).

I'm glad you did this, because it's clear to me that it looks better than the other two.

EDIT:  Granted, not a WHOLE lot better, but I like the extra roughness/texture of the skin.

Link?

The BoS creatures are done by Emerald Reign.

I forget that he isn't quite as well known among Skyrim modding as he is with FNV, but his name is listed in the title credits on the BoS mod page, so I assumed people knew by now he did those textures.

Agree with Ess. The Falmer look more menacing with BoS.

Edit: The veins are a bit too elevated, but the darker tone makes them look twisted. Really FALMER and vanilla look the same. If it were between them I would say vanilla because the extra flare that could have been added with FALMER has not been realized.

Edited by Guest