Dishonored

torminater

I got this one as well, and I gotta say it's pretty good. It's been compared to a stealth-based Bioshock, and I kind of agree (don't see a huge connection with AC except you assassinate people), although it improves in a lot of areas. One of the best mechanics is the movement system; it's really fluid but still feels realistic and the ability to look around corners and climb objects seamlessly is really nice. It might not be as "hardcore" as some games in terms of punishing you for screwing up (I'm playing on Hard), but it's still challenging and often rewards exploration and creativity.

The art design is very cool; reddit coined the terms "whalepunk" as it's set in a Neo-Victorian London where whaling is their primary business. Unfortunately I don't see the true colors that often as I'm almost always using the see-though-walls/infrared-vision ability (it can be maintained permanently with almost no downside, bit OP IMO) which tints the screen orange. The backstory's really cool and the city they built is well thought out, but the PC's progression isn't as enthralling as I'd like, at least not after the first 3 missions.

Overall I'd say it's a fun game with some great ideas, but I don't think the writing will be winning any awards.

I'm playing this as well. Going for a 0 detection 0 kill run on very hard difficulty. Pretty fun so far. I highly recommend using the SweetFX injector because the game's colors by default are pretty washed out. There are also a few good .ini tweaks such as a higher FoV (which is very much needed imo).

I'm playing this as well. Going for a 0 detection 0 kill run on very hard difficulty. Pretty fun so far. I highly recommend using the SweetFX injector because the game's colors by default are pretty washed out. There are also a few good .ini tweaks such as a higher FoV (which is very much needed imo).

I was going to try that, but I figured I'd end up re-loading so often it'd ruin my game, so I just try my best and run with it without killing anyone.  So far I've done alright and haven't been totally seen yet.  I can't recommend SweetFX enough, with some tweaking the game looks a lot better.  I'm not sure why they went with the washed-out look, and the shadows/clutter remind me of Rage with the green tint.