Can you create an ini file for any mod that suggests editing the skyrim ini files

Sakr3d

Question

Is it possible to create an ini file for any mod that suggests editing the skyrim / skyrim prefs ini file?

In this example,

can I simply create an Unbelievable Grass Two.ini file with the bellow information in the same directory as the Unbelievable Grass Two.esp with UGT's recommendations so I don't have to edit my skyrim / skyrim prefs ini files when switching between SFO, Grass on Steroids, Verdant, UGT?

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=10
iMinGrassSize=50

Edited by Sakr3d

4 answers to this question

You can either do it your way (as a Plugin INI) or SRB's way (a MO INI Tweak). Please note that INI settings inside Plugin INIs that are supposed to be in SkyrimPrefs.ini will NOT work in Plugin INIs (e.g., fShadowDistance=3500) but will work in MO INI Tweaks. I recommend to use a MO INI Tweak as its easier and guaranteed to work. See https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings for more details.

Is it possible to create an ini file for any mod that suggests editing the skyrim / skyrim prefs ini file?

In this example,

can I simply create an Unbelievable Grass Two.ini file with the bellow information in the same directory as the Unbelievable Grass Two.esp with UGT's recommendations so I don't have to edit my skyrim / skyrim prefs ini files when switching between SFO, Grass on Steroids, Verdant, UGT?

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=10

iMinGrassSize=50

Can you use the Tweak INI box in the Information/INI-Files tab to create a STEP setup INI Tweaks?

Including the "STEP" setup tweaks.

For example:

Create a folder in the "MOD" directory of MO called STEP_INIs, then tell it to ignore the missing data. Reopen that "mod" by right-clicking and selecting 'Information' (or, just double-click on the mod in the left pane). Then, under the [iNI-Files] tab, right-click on the INI Tweaks box at the lower left and create an INI file called "STEP_INIs". From there, put all the recommended ini settings in the box on the right and save. Tick mark the INI file, then close and activate the "mod".

The idea being that, you can disable all of the STEP setup mods, including the STEP ini recommendations.

Would this work?

Edited by Ewookie1