The Dynamic Development Road Map
for the WSM Project
I would like to welcome users to discuss the development of the software here. Mainly
criticisms, thoughts, opinions, etc. (example: If I have implemented a feature that you think could work better if done differently)
This is for: Me to communicate with you the planned changes coming in a
more detailed manner than just a change log.
This is not for: Bug reports, feature requests, help/support
The upcoming changes planned for WSM Modular Installer are as follows:
- The software will automatically attempt to discover your games installation folder, and upon finding what it thinks may be the correct directory the software will ask the user to confirm it.
Note: This process may take a few seconds to process depending on the size of our file system
- The backup process will allow you to pair save files with the patch.bundle.BAK so that when you restore your patch.bundle you will have a working save to go along with it.
The upcoming changes planned for MIMM+ (to be released):
- The manager will allow you to specify external programs to run, keeping an editable list.
- Will include a launcher that will be able to launch the game, the Nexus witcher 3 site, and GOG.
Note: These can be extended if requested (possibly able to customize them?)
- The user will be able to set the manager as the default game launcher.
- The user will be able to run W3HC from the manager IF they have it installed properly (renamed to just "W3HC.exe").
Note: I am currently trying to get in touch with TheMelekTaus to try to improve upon this process, possibly having the manager offer to download and install W3HC if you do not have it.
- The user will be able to run the game's executable with options from the manager (ie as admin, high priority, etc).
- The user will be able to see a current list of installed mods.
Edited by Wombat, 23 July 2015 - 07:09 PM.