• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 fattythehutt

fattythehutt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:42 AM

Right click this folder and pack it into a zip/7zip archive, the archive must be named the same name as the folder (ie TestMod or NewMod);

Rename the new archive so that the file extension is .w3mp instead of .zip or .7z;

I found something interesting today. I tried to reinstall the test mod and it didn't work, got the exact same error log as before. So I re-downloaded the the test mod and this time instead of repacking as a .7z file I repacked as a .zip file. It installed perfectly. You might want to change the instructions for the time being. 

#17 Wombat

Wombat

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:47 AM

I found something interesting today. I tried to reinstall the test mod and it didn't work, got the exact same error log as before. So I re-downloaded the the test mod and this time instead of repacking as a .7z file I repacked as a .zip file. It installed perfectly. You might want to change the instructions for the time being. 

Edited, thank you!

I'll look at this after the next update, as long as .zip is working I'll keeping moving forward with the next release.

I'll try to have the mod-pack generator ready by the next release so that users can start generating mod-packs from existing nexus mods to test with.

#18 fattythehutt

fattythehutt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

Just checking in, you've gone dark on us, Wombat! ;)

#19 Wombat

Wombat

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

Not so much as gone dark as needing to strip out certain parts of the mod manager to account for the latest update from CDPR regarding mods. I'd rather not give the users scrambled eggs if I can give them an amazing omelet. 

With the way mods are to be installed now, I'm reworking some of the menus, and the code internally needs pruning. Basically canceling out about a month of work. 

I am working very hard on getting the mod manager to be able to use the "Download with Mod Manager" button so that you have seamless integration. This is proving to be a bit of a headache. I've downloaded the source code for the nexus mod manager and am reviewing it to attempt to figure out the best way for this mod manager to handle the downloads.

Right now I'm able to copy and paste the manual download links into the manager and if you have entered your credentials in the connection menu it will successfully download them. I would rather the user not have to perform those steps to download a file, the thing is the nxm protocol only pushes partial data and the NMM knows what to do with it..... 

On top of that, the current installation was set up to use custom archives setup in a way that it required specific files to be present in the archive as well as a specific file structure to use the quickbms.exe.... Now, the quickbms'ing of your game files are no longer required (which is an awesome thing!) so I must change the installation procedure to use the new system as well as the capability to toggle mods on or off using the .ini optional file.

I'm still working on this puppy, it just needs major surgery.

#20 fattythehutt

fattythehutt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

wow, just wow.

#21 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

Have you thought of asking Tannin (developer of MO) for some advice?

#22 Wombat

Wombat

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

wow, just wow.

I apologize if I upset you, or offended you. That was not my intention at all.

#23 Wombat

Wombat

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Have you thought of asking Tannin (developer of MO) for some advice?

I actually have looked at the way Mod Organizer does it but it appears it was built as an add-in by another developer. I have not tried to contact him as of yet, I will definitely send him a PM and ask him if he has any information regarding the subject he would be willing to help with.

#24 fattythehutt

fattythehutt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

I apologize if I upset you, or offended you. That was not my intention at all.

Not at all, I'm just shocked at all the work it takes to put this together.   

#25 Wombat

Wombat

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

So, good news!  ::D: 

I've reached out to Tannin and discussed the process by which I can add support for the NXM protocol which will allow you to click "Download with NMM" on the nexus site and the Witcher 3 Mod Manager will proceed to download the mod for you. I expect to move the program to BETA by this weekend and from there it will be all about cleaning any bugs that popup. 

A quick heads up on the map shown in the launcher:

If I can get in touch with the creator, I will hopefully have a prototype where you can edit the map with custom markers and once mod authors are able to edit the world space of the game they will be able to include a file that will add "Mod Markers" to the map. This will be worked on after the next release.

Edited by Wombat, 01 September 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#26 pralima87

pralima87

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hi!

Really looking foward into this!

Installing W3 mods is a pain right not.

We really need a mod manager!

Your work will be really appreciated! 

#27 michaelrw

michaelrw

STEP Contributor

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

im assuming this project and mod manager are dead.. yeah?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wsm, modular, instaler, witcher 3, witcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users