• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#16 criswolf09

criswolf09

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:26 PM

Sadly no, I tried with version 5.4.2 and still the same result. I appreciate your help a lot, thank you. I better skip that fancy feature from now on.

#17 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:00 PM

I installed both FNIS and this werewolf mod into the Skyrim structure and ran FNIS from there, exactly the same result as from when I ran it from within MO.

I'm not sure what you are expecting to see but for me at least I can get it to work with MO.

#18 criswolf09

criswolf09

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:31 PM

Oh well, nevermind.

#19 wr1

wr1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:22 AM

About 6 months ago I'd been happily running FNIS through Mod Organizer as needed to try various mods for Skyrim.  Then I stopped playing for a few months, upgraded to Windows 10, and tried again a few days ago after downloading some new mods and the latest FNIS files.

Although FNIS runs if I execute it through Windows, when I try to call it using Mod Organizer, I get the error "This application could not be started", which according to https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2715633means "The app is not configured in a way that makes it possible to determine the appropriate version of the .NET Framework runtime. The corresponding shim code is SHIM_NOVERSION_FOUND."

Do you have any suggestions for me in order to be able to run FNIS through MO and generate the FNIS patch?

#20 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:32 AM

Have you recently updated to Version 4.5.x of Microsoft's .NET Framework?

Edited by Nozzer66, 13 August 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#21 wr1

wr1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Have you recently updated to Version 4.5.x of Microsoft's .NET Framework?

Apparently Windows 10 won't let you install any .NET Frameworks because that is all supposed to be integrated into Windows.  So the answer is no, but supposedly Windows 10 has got me covered in terms of providing that functionality.

EDIT: And to be clear, FNIS seems to run OK through windows, just not when called by Mod Organizer.

Edited by wr1, 13 August 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#22 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

You can install, and probably need to install, version 3.5. Everything else is included... I think.

#23 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

That will almost certainly be your issue. When you install 4.5.x, whether via Windows 10 or just installing to any other version of Windows, it'll turn 3.5 off. And you still need 3.5.

Found this out the hard way myself.

#24 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

.NET should not have to be installed as it is a part of every Windows installation. It may however need to be activated via the 'Turn Windows features on and off' tool in Settings.

Upgraded to Win 10 last night and all my current .NET framework settings are still the same and FNIS runs without error from MO for me.

#25 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:32 PM

Supposed to be, but there's things out there still needing older versions of NET. I myself had to get back in and reactivate 3.5 for some things to work after updating to 4.5.x.

#26 wr1

wr1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Supposed to be, but there's things out there still needing older versions of NET. I myself had to get back in and reactivate 3.5 for some things to work after updating to 4.5.x.

I was trying to activate some .NET framework stuff.  Do you see anything on the list under .NET framework that maybe I should activate?

2ut42a0.png

Thanks for any thoughts!

(Please let me know if you have any trouble with the image.)

Edited by wr1, 14 August 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#27 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Both the options under the first subheading in your screenie.

#28 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

Actually only the main header needs to be checked, neither of those two sub-menus need to be explicitly selected.

On my system neither of them are and I have never had any .NET issues with MO.

#29 pistachioman25

pistachioman25

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

I don't think this is an issue with .NET. I haven't changed my OS, my .NET 3.5 never went inactive, but ever since I've been updating my mods the last couple days, none of my executables have been reading from MO's virtual data folder. So far I've only been testing LOOT and Bodyslide.

LOOT reads only the main files and steam DLC

Bodyslide only detects the files in its own folder. If I copy files directly into the bodyslide folder, it reads them, but will not read files in the virtual data folder.

I have reinstalled the executables, then reinstalled MO completely, but still have the same issue. Is this a bug in v1.3.8?

Or does anyone have another suggestion?

p.s. Yes, yes, yes, I am running the executables through MO, just like I always have, and they always used to work just fine. (since I know the next post would be suggesting that)

UPDATE--SOLVED my issue:

Turned out, the issue was the Official DLC High Res Textures. MO couldn't open the .bsa's, and I guess stopped setting any other mods up. When I took those files out, everything worked fine again.

Guess it turned out to be unrelated, but I honestly thought it wasn't.

Edited by pistachioman25, 15 August 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#30 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

@pistachioman25

This topic is specifically for issues relating to FNIS & MO, please post your query in the correct place.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fnis, setup, issues, installation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users