Jaggarsfeld Extended (by TechAngel85)

I couldn't find this topic to reply, but I figured it would be in here! I'd love to try and do something like that but it just seems like a lot of effort as you say. I know the feeling recently and it can really do your head in, especially when the documentation is flimsy or it expects you to know about most of it already.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll likely put up something that users could submit their auditions for voicing Van (all volunteer work...I'm broke :^_^:).  The lines are that main, but the voice should match his character which is a rough and tough, but generally friendly wearbear Nord.

All I have left to do is figuring out this dialogue and script mess.

I haven't had a look yet because I have not had Skyrim installed for awhile (I plan to remedy that soon) but what is this character? Is it just a dirty-looking man or something or does it require Dragonborn for the model?

I would have though the Fallout super mutant voice would probably fit him, or something like that werewolf from the Witcher 3 (can't remember the quest or name, but the werewolf is hungry as he tries to eat but everything turns to ash).

He's a nord base, but looks tough. I'm actually planning on editing his face a bit because I learned from Darth (we've been in regular contact now that I've taken over the mod and it even sparked him to start working on his other mod again... :whistling: ), that he was just kinda tossed in there. Once I'm finished, I'll post a pic of his face.

• 2 weeks later...

Building this quest has made me want to pull my hair out.  :wallbash:  I had a script compiling issue that took all day to work out. I'm finally in business so that was a day wasted. Well...not entirely.

I am getting really close to having this quest completed which will fully integrate Van into the mod as a fully rounded out NPC. I still have the aliases (which I don't quite understand yet) and objectives to work out, as well as, getting the rest of the dialogue in there. I do have him talking and interacting though...getting so close... :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update. I've released Jaggarsfeld 2.0 today:

Although this might not seem like a big update on the user side of things, I ensure you this was a fairly large update to the mod behind the scenes. Creating a quest for obtaining Jaggarsfeld involved a massive about of both learning and work. As a result, Van is now much closer to a full-fleged NPC. He is currently not voiced, though. I will be getting him voiced in a future update; however, there are still some things to add to the dialogue before I am ready for that stage. With that said, this initial stage is now complete and you can successfully obtain Jaggarsfeld from Van in a manner than is lore-friendly to the lore surrounding Hircine...which is the original intend of Jaggarsfeld.

On top of the quest, several other smaller things have changed. Most notably is the garden area that has been converted into a player-plantable garden. Other things were corrections to object positions to fix floating flora and objects falling off shelves, and better blending of some of the landscape. See the changelog for all the details.

Finally, I highly recommend a clean install of the mod when updating to this version. I make full effort to attempt to keep the updates as friendly as possible for you all; however, with the addition of the quest and the updating of part of the scripts I'm unaware of how these changes will affect a game in-progress. Therefore, the safest option is to simple do a clean install for any save that is for an on-going playthrough. Please follow the instructions below for doing a clean save when updating to this new version. This also allows you to experience the new quest and to provide me with some feedback. :) I would also be interested to know if the recreation of the auto loot for the crafting stations fixes the issues with some users losing items after crafting.

This means that Jaggarsfeld Extended is now outdated again. I'll be updating is whenever I can.

Congrats on the release, Tech. :-)

Sounds like it was quite a bit of work.

Thanks! It was a LOT of work... :wacko: ...and I'm crazy for doing it! But I said I would do right by the mod so I am. Over time I might even have it fully fleshed out with the original plans for the mod. This is actually a good step in that direction. All-in-all, I probably spent a couple weeks total on learning new things in the CK and building out v2.0. But since it was all done in my free time, it took quite a while to complete.

Now I need to shift my focus back to other projects for a while.

Updated this today. It's now compatible with Jaggarsfeld again. Van is restored so the player will get to experience the quest even with Jaggarsfeld Extended. I basically was as lazy and possible and simply deleted some of my changes out of the mod in xEdit to restore the original content. :^_^:

Basically this mod is now only providing:

• Different lighting
  • Follow/child support
  • General Stores compatibility
  • Updated texture for the Trophy Hall door
  • And a few various things here and there that aren't significant.

• 3 months later...

This mod is outdated as of version 2.3 and I am officially closing the doors on it since maintaining it makes little sense anymore.

Since in version 2.3 of Jaggarsfeld I overhauled the lighting, the only thing the original is not providing that JE is, is follower support. I'll be making an add-on for this that completely redesigns the cabin into something more efficient in the design and layout. This will be the basis for the Extended Edition of the mod which will be hosted on the original mod's homepage. Users needing or wanting follower support will have to wait for this add-on. No ETA.

• 3 weeks later...