STEP Recommended MCM Settings

mcm

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

There are quite a few mods in STEP, especially Extended, that make use of the MCM. Since a few more will be added to the next update it would be a good idea to start making recommended settings for those mods.

Some mods have MCMs that will need reviewed:

• Auto Unequip Ammo
  • BFS Effects
  • Come Together
  • Complete Crafting
  • Convenient Horses
  • Deadly Spell Impacts
  • Dual Sheath Redux
  • Dual Wield Parrying
  • DynDOLOD - No changes needed
  • Enhanced Blood
  • Factions - No changes needed
  • Footprints
  • Immersive HUD
  • Lanterns of Skyrim - Already have recommended settings
  • Lock Overhaul - Already have recommended settings
  • Minty's Lightning
  • Not So Fast - last update changed default settings to something that might not need adjusting for STEP
  • SkyUI
  • Thieves Guild Requirements
  • Timing is Everything - Lots of different quests to discuss for this one
  • Trade and Barter - Already recommend not turning it on, but that might need a review
  • Wet & Cold
  • Wonders of Weather

Mods in testing that will need settings:

• ESF: Requirements Only - A lot like Thieves Guild Requirements

Below are screenshots of the default settings for each mod.

Color Code:

Light Grey - settings yet to be determined

Green - settings finalized

Orange - settings finalized, no change from defaults

Strike Out - MCM template has been integrated into mod page with determined settings

All information has been moved to the wiki page here: http://wiki.step-pro...Recommendations

Currently the page is still in development so bare with us until we get it completed.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

Are those the settings you're recommending for those mods or are those for reference only?

#3 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

Reference. Some I would recommend, but from using them in my current play through there are some I'd change.

#4 bitdman

bitdman

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

Recommended settings for MCM would be very much appreciated as it's difficult to know what some of the settings do and it would be time consuming to research them. As usual I'll prefer to use STEP recommendations so I can get on with playing the game.

::D: bring em on boys :thumbsup:

#5 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:51 AM

Okay, we gotta finish this. I'll start on it this weekend if I remember.  :whistling:

#6 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

Updated to OP since we need to review all MCMs.

#7 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:02 PM

For ease of reference, these are the MCM recommendations which STEP currently gives in the individual wiki pages:

Trade and Barter

Lanterns of Skyrim:

Lightning During Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning):

Auto Unequip Ammo:

Dual Wield Parrying:

Lock Overhaul:

Wet and Cold:

#8 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

I think some obvious ones that should be changed:

Auto Unequip Ammo: Unheck Use Equip Sets, although this one gives me fits on occasion because it changes the arrows when I explicitly equip a bow with different arrows.

Thieves Guild Requirements: I usually bump requirements to begin 3rd quest to Sneak Skill 30 and requirements to begin 4th quest to Sneak Skill 50. This is just my preference though.

Timing is Everything: This may be a one-off oddity, but I was attacked by two groups of Cultists almost back-to-back. This has happened once, so I haven't bothered to dig into it. I think the levels for The Wolf Queen Awakened, Grimsever's Return, and Unfathomable Depths are a bit too low. I usually bump these to 25, 30 and 30, respectively so they don't trigger quite so early in the game.

Companion's Guild: So far I've left all these at default.

#9 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

As long as the Molag Bal quest is set to level 1000, I don't care. I hate that Vigilant of Stendarr in Markarth so much. 

#10 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

I've updated the OP again with some formatting and features.

@Ess, DY, Z

I think we need to move this onto the wiki (not in the STEP namespace) and set it up like we did the Core and Extended mod reviews. I can easily see this thread is going to become extremely massive in its current format. I'll look into setting this up this weekend.

#11 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

I'm not sure what you mean Tech. I mean this thread should have some input from the community. I want to know what works best for people. Also, I've forgotten enough about the quests that I may need some suggestions for Timing is Everything. 

#12 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:16 AM

I think he means to move the information in the original post (the screenshots, recommended settings, etc.) to the WIKI so it's easier to maintain.

#13 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

And so we can copy-paste it into the guide

#14 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

Yes! This is going to be a nightmare to maintain here on the forum. I already have part of the page set up. Staff (and any user that signs up on the wiki) can make their official recommendations on the wiki. Other users can simply use this topic to post theirs so we can take those into account (normal members rarely venture in here anyway). It'll be much easier and some of the staff and get in some wiki editing experience along the way.

I'm think I'm done for the night if anyone wants to fill out some of the wiki page using the OP as a reference.

#15 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Why you using Headertabs? LOL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mcm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users