STEP Recommended MCM Settings

EssArrBee

Now this is interesting. Did you know you can press Left Alt to switch between the inventory and magic menus? Press I to open inventory, then press Left Alt to switch to the magic menu, and Left Alt to switch back to inventory.

This is amazing. How have I not known about this. 

Is this only with skyui?

This is amazing. How have I not known about this. 

Is this only with skyui?

Yes, this is with SkyUI. The vanilla game has that awful menu system and I don't think it lets you switch between them.

You guys can also press M for the map. I mean those are like decades old default hotkeys for RPGs. 

You pokin' fun at me, SRB? :blush:

We can add stuff to the form? How did I not know this. I thought only Z and s4n could do that.

You didn't know that? I did it for an old version of the FOMOD template, but because of how I had to redesign it, I couldn't put it into the form no longer (too complex).

I'm guessing this forum will be the easiest place to discuss the choices....

@Greg,
From CCOR tab:

Eastern Style Items - Disabled because these aren't lore friendly

I'm just going to leave this here: https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Blades_Sword_(Skyrim)
I know that the setting says it doesn't effect vanilla weapons, but if it's not lore-friendly I just find it interesting that there is a katana in the vanilla game. I would say that katana would be lore-friendly. The rest, most likely not, though you have to admit that the blade's armor does look a little samurai-ish.

@Greg,

From CCOR tab:

I'm just going to leave this here: https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Blades_Sword_(Skyrim)

I know that the setting says it doesn't effect vanilla weapons, but if it's not lore-friendly I just find it interesting that there is a katana in the vanilla game. I would say that katana would be lore-friendly. The rest, most likely not, though you have to admit that the blade's armor does look a little samurai-ish.

They were definitely made to resemble an Eastern culture, I don't think that's lore un-friendly at all.

Okay everyone. The wiki page is about 98% complete. The settings which have not been define are the settings that we, frankly, don't know what they do. So if you want to explore and either edit the sections to fill in the missing settings or post them here then we can get this thing completed.

I've already started some of my voting. I'd like to have these settings finalized for the next release.

@Greg,

From CCOR tab:

Sorry, this is a copy 'n paste bug. This one should have "needs more research" instead of a definitive no because I'm trying to wrap my head around the Eastern style swords and how they might fit into the game. You do make a good point that the sword used by the Blades closely resembles a katana, but the scimitar used by the Redguard is also an Eastern-style weapon.

Now that I think about it a bit more, I'm wondering if we even care about the Eastern style and fantasy swords? Specifically, (assuming I'm not wrong here) STEP doesn't include any weapons that fit into these two categories so it would be the user's decision whether to include any mods that fit into the Eastern or fantasy styles. Assuming this is the case, these two settings wouldn't necessarily be applicable.

This is just a thought and I'd like to hear what others think about this as well.

I've put on to enable all settings. Since STEP doesn't use any of these mods we won't be affected, but it makes since for users to be able to craft these items if they add mods on top of STEP which do add them.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I edited your list where you were opting for the default options to make the page shorter.

I just loaded Kryptopyr's FISS preset from the Timing is Everything mod page and documented these settings in the Recommendations section. The one questionable item is that Dragonborn is set to start after "timing unknown" and I don't what this means so I PM'd asking for clarification.

We should actually use FISS for Timing is Everything. Would make it much easier than listing a bunch of recommended settings. I bet Kryp would even let us put it in her optional files or just load it in the STEP Compilation or put it in the STEP optional files. 

We should actually use FISS for Timing is Everything. Would make it much easier than listing a bunch of recommended settings. I bet Kryp would even let us put it in her optional files or just load it in the STEP Compilation or put it in the STEP optional files.

That would make things very easy for users. +1

Edit: Obviously STEP would need to actually add FISS to the guide, probably under 2C. Extenders.