#1 FuzzyDuck

FuzzyDuck

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

Hello everyone :D
Well, i've been going around the forum, reading some nice tips about how to finetune skyrim for my machine.

Some users, say to use  the Memory Blocks Log, for seen how much memory is allocated to your game...

Well, i did it, and i dont know if it is an error of mine, but, even thorugh i've changed the SkSE.ini to allow 768MB on Block1, Memory Blocks Log, says that it's setted to 256MB.

It's just an error of Memory Blocks Log, or for some reason, my SKSE isnt aloocating moar memory?

I use SKSE through Mod Organizer, have 16GB of RAM DDr3. 
I were thinking that i had configured everything right, but if what Memory Blocks Log says it's true, for some reason SKSE isnt allocating the 768MB it should be :|

Anyone know what could be happening?

EDIT: I've allready tryed the -forcesteamloader and no change ;\

MemoryBlocksLog

SKSE.Ini configs

enblocal.ini

And, sorry for any grammar mistakes..English isn't my home language >:

Edited by FuzzyDuck, 01 August 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

First make sure your SKSE.ini file is actually an INI file and not a text file named "SKSE.ini". Under the File Type header in Explorer, it should say INI and not TXT. This is a common mistake when creating the file.

#3 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

Adding to what Tech just said -

Windows by default hides file type extensions ( Dot three letters, like .ini .txt .doc )

So if you name a file SKSE.ini, it may actually be named SKSE.ini.txt .. You just cant see the .txt part ( because windows is hiding it ), and so it will not work as the ini file SKSE would expect to find

Have those dot extensions show all the time so that you are sure you know what file type a file really is ( and you dont get fooled by crafted file icons making a malware.exe for example look a lot more innocent than it is .. Think email attachments ;) )

Innocent-attachment-with-a-notepad-icon.txt      <insert lots of spaces here>       .exe

http://windows.micro...name-extensions

#4 FuzzyDuck

FuzzyDuck

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

I've mad sure of that :3 
Actually, i just fixed the issue, for some random reason, i've just re-done the steps of installing SKSE from STEP guide, desactivated the old intalation, and remade the ini.

Now it works. 
The two folders are exatcly the same, i really dont know what was the problem xD
But i've fixed it with a new instalation of skse :P

#5 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

Cool, do you really need to set DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 ?

Leaving it at 768 should be okay looking at your memoryblockslog

#6 FuzzyDuck

FuzzyDuck

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, gonna step down to 768 for now, and re-do the memoryblocklog after installing SRLD REGS and PerMa to see if i should stay at 768 or up some moar =P
Right now i'm just using STEP:Extended.

#7 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

For DynDOLOD on High you should use 1024, but I can't think of much other reason to use over 768.

#8 MeatMarket

MeatMarket

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

I'm having this exact same problem, memory blocks log reports its still still allocating only 256mb when the ini file has it set to 768.

#9 MeatMarket

MeatMarket

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

Wow, it just fixed my Skyrim. I just reinstalled SKSE according to the STEP guide and now the memory patch is working. I can finally go near Windhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users