Floating Corpses

MonoAccipiter

Question

My game seems to have an issue whenever something is placed in a cell as already dead (rotting brahmin corpses for example), where the corpses are static/immovable at placement. This results in some very disfigured brahmin along the roads of New Vegas, and the already dead securitrons in Old World Blues floating a few meters above the ground. I usually fix this by resurrecting and then killing them, but it would be nice to get to the root of the problem. 

6 answers to this question

The twisted Brahmins..etc is caused by Ragdolls.

Quote by the author KiCHo666:

EVERYONE!

If you still see twisted or messed up brahmins, Super Mutants, etc... it's because you haven't enabled the HAVOK BOUNCE option in the MCM menu.

What it does is, it scans nearby areas for corpses and "pokes" them, so they return to their normal ragdoll state. You may see them jump a bit, but that's expected.

It's not made by me, it's made by Fallout2AM, for The Skeleton mod. You could also use that mod if you need bouncing lady parts and ding dongs.

I tried it out the Havok Bounce and it works flawlessly!

I got the same bug too. The rotting brahmin corpse in Novac turns into some mishmash of meat. You don't actually need to resurrect the corpse, just make it move either by poking or dragging or shooting it will come back to its original shape. Will be neat if there's a fix

The twisted Brahmins..etc is caused by Ragdolls.

Quote by the author KiCHo666:

EVERYONE!

If you still see twisted or messed up brahmins, Super Mutants, etc... it's because you haven't enabled the HAVOK BOUNCE option in the MCM menu.

What it does is, it scans nearby areas for corpses and "pokes" them, so they return to their normal ragdoll state. You may see them jump a bit, but that's expected.

It's not made by me, it's made by Fallout2AM, for The Skeleton mod. You could also use that mod if you need bouncing lady parts and ding dongs.

I tried it out the Havok Bounce and it works flawlessly!

Awesome, nailed it. I never seen this in the guide itself, although it's 2017 I still encountered this problem. Thanks for the solution.