[WIP] Hishy's Real Snowflakes Patcher

hishutup

Question

This was a personal project of mine that Mator helped me with.

It doesn't do much other than patch Real Skyrim Snowflakes - Vivid Snow.

I am not able to directly distribute the assets from Vivid Snow but the script is 95% mine, mator wrote some examples which I use directly.

If you have a new idea or have a suggestion, share it.

Description:

Simply put, this script will patch most weathers to use manga's vivid snow rather than that awful vanilla nonsense.

It does this by assigning a particular effect to the precipitation record, then changes the Visual Effect to the associated effect and then nulls out the precipitation record.

There are some weathers that may have the wrong precipitation data or have it nulled out.

This can be fixed by placing the EDID of the weather in one of the Forced lists and it will apply the effect that the EDID is in.

Worst comes to worst, the default effect will be applied, I think it is currently Vivid Snow Effect.

So far I tested Vanilla, COT, PW, NLA, RCRN weathers.

There are likely a few nulled weathers that need to be forced but I can get to that later.

Requirements:

• Latest version of xEdit (not sure which is required but get the latest)
  • Real Skyrim Snowflakes - Vivid Snow (use the Vanilla version)
  • mteFunctions.pas (latest version, at least from 7/14/2015)

Here is the script and the required ini file

Future:

• Unsure for the most part, I tend to bounce all over the place.
  • I'll probably end up adding some asset checks so that I can make sure that users installed Vivid Snow Correctly.
  • Change the way masters are added because the prompt is unsightly and the masters are in reverse order.
  • Overrides are still being a pain.
  • Add GUI for future Snow, Rain and Ash toggles.
  • Add low, med and high Blizzard data

12 answers to this question

Stupid question: what does this do? Patcher for what exactly?

Vividian ENB has a module that turns snowflakes into actual particles.  It looks a thousand times better than the shader-based snow effect Skyrim uses by default.

This script looks like it should adjust custom weathers to use particles for snow, instead of the shader based.

Also the Vividian ENB module has a standalone version of the "Real Snow" module now.

Hi,

I have some question about this "modification".

0.) I guess Manga will update this mod;

1.) Please give more detailed instruction, what to do... (I do not really what have to copy, where and so on...)

2.) I could be wrong, but if it's a "script" is it safe to just start to use it at any time? And what if in the future, near future Manga will update the mod?

3.) Latest version of xEdit (not sure which is required but get the latest)

I believe it, but absolutely have no idea what is it and where can I download it? And after, what to do?

4.) Real Skyrim Snowflakes - Vivid Snow (use the Vanilla version)

I use COT + COT Weather Patch, why sould I choose the Vanilla one?

4.) mteFunctions.pas (latest version, at least from 4/3/2015)

The same as at the 3.)

Thanks!

I'm sure lot's of fellows understand what to do from these infos, but I don't. :/

Sorry!

Thanks!

Hi,

I have some question about this "modification".

0.) I guess Manga will update this mod;

Yeah, he will but I cant add the extra features until he has a working vanilla version. Then I just have to ask him a bunch of questions after I add the extra code.

1.) Please give more detailed instruction, what to do... (I do not really what have to copy, where and so on...)

Install Vanilla Vivid Snow flakes, move esp to be just after bashed patch (create a LOOT rule if you desire), load up your Load Order in xEdit, and after the background loader is finished, rightclick->Apply Script.

The script will then run and may spit out some stuff into the log, if all goes well there will be no errors.

2.) I could be wrong, but if it's a "script" is it safe to just start to use it at any time? And what if in the future, near future Manga will update the mod?

This isnt a Skyrim scripted mod, this is an xEdit script.

Vivid Snow as a base, is not a skyrim scripted mod so it is safe to install/uninstall or what have you... 

3.) Latest version of xEdit (not sure which is required but get the latest)

I believe it, but absolutely have no idea what is it and where can I download it? And after, what to do?

Im using 3.1.1 or 3.1.2, I think pretty much any version will work but I don't know.

4.) Real Skyrim Snowflakes - Vivid Snow (use the Vanilla version)

I use COT + COT Weather Patch, why sould I choose the Vanilla one?

Because the weathers are going to be deleted regardless and remade depending on what weathers are present in the load order.

In the future, Manga will only have a weatherless plugin because sometimes one of the weathers keeps the old ITM data for some reason and its begin patched by the script.

4.) mteFunctions.pas (latest version, at least from 7/14/2015)

The same as at the 3.)

Grab mteFunctions from here if you dont know if have the latest.\

Most xEdit patchers include some version which will possibly work.

Thanks!

I'm sure lot's of fellows understand what to do from these infos, but I don't. :/

Sorry!

Thanks!

Hope this works out.

Tying, but still feeling myself stupid. :/

What sould I choose here?

aG5EnyT.jpg

Even if I use don't check the COT section?

Sry, it's confusing me. :/

Next update which is soon is going to be included with Vivid Snow, it will include ONLY the "No Main Weather Mods" but will include the map fix.

Exatcly? What should grab?

And what should I do with that mteFunctions?

As, I said, I know I am the weak one. :/

I have a feeling I'll wait until the main file update. :)

Next version I'll include mteFunctions so there is no need for it.

As for the next version, depending on how things go, it may be uploaded later today.

"if he is going to immediately upload it or upload it immediately"

there's a difference between immediately uploading and uploading immediately?  Is one more immediate than the other?  XD

Edited by Mator