Mythic Dawn: 2015 Update Discussion & Changelog

SynthetikHD

Ah in that case i think it might indeed be worth looking at. I used it for skyrim and it resulted in a lot less CTD's. I hope it has a similair effect for oblivion.

Anyway, when installing the Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts using your guide i noticed that the guide says you have to download the WEPON Update while the auther states that it is ''Not needed if you are just installing WEPON for the first time.'' He says that in the file discription on the nexus.

Also have you guys thought about Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul instead of FCOM or TIE? It's way more compatible with other mods than FCOM because everthing it changes and adds to the game is done through obse scripts. It can even be used alongside OOO and MMM. It just seems a lot more stable than FCOM. The author is still adding more content to it.

Also did you guys think of optimizing textures using DDSopt. I don't know how it work for oblivion but i used it both for fallout 3 and fallout new vegas and it did increase my preformance quit a bit.

Edited by Gustappo

Also did you guys think of optimizing textures using DDSopt. I don't know how it work for oblivion but i used it both for fallout 3 and fallout new vegas and it did increase my preformance quit a bit

I have a grudge against DDSopt, I think its fairly pointless but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just refuse write anything about it in the guide.

The highest amount of VRAM I have seen Oblivion use is around 1.6GB, most modern cards have >2GB VRAM.

So yeah, well after taking a few days off I'm back to working on the guide. I uninstalled Oblivion and all my mods and started the guide over from the beginning again. I updated and changed a lot of things while I worked through the whole guide and my game is a lot better than the last time. There are still some problems, and some new ones, but it's a lot better.

Will say one thing though, setting the LOD meshes option in Tes4ll to ultimate is what caused an insane amount of fps loss, stuttering, and long loading times. After setting it to normal my game is about 4x smoother. Not even joking how much it helped out and I'm just glad I tried changing it otherwise I would have been stuck with terrible stuttering and probably never figured out the cause.

The guide is pretty close to actually creating a stable and smooth game.

Now a lot of questions for you @hishutup. sorry since some of them are kinda difficult questions or you might not have the answer.

1. Is NifSe needed anymore since Deadly Reflex and Unnecessary Violence are out of the guide?

2. Do you know how to get rid of all the clutter with the UI/HUD on my screen from Oblivion XP and HUD Alive? Neither really say how to customize the UI..

3. How will Optimised Distant Land MAX fit in with the other LOD type things such as LOD Noise Replacer, Modified Qarls Normals, and Tes4ll? I don't really know much about what they all do, but can ODLMAX be used with them?

4. The IC marketplace is bugging out and Better Cities says I need to lower Better Imperial City.esp or Better Cities IC Market.esp in my load order, but I don't have either...know why that is?

So yeah, well after taking a few days off I'm back to working on the guide. I uninstalled Oblivion and all my mods and started the guide over from the beginning again. I updated and changed a lot of things while I worked through the whole guide and my game is a lot better than the last time. There are still some problems, and some new ones, but it's a lot better.

Will say one thing though, setting the LOD meshes option in Tes4ll to ultimate is what caused an insane amount of fps loss, stuttering, and long loading times. After setting it to normal my game is about 4x smoother. Not even joking how much it helped out and I'm just glad I tried changing it otherwise I would have been stuck with terrible stuttering and probably never figured out the cause.

The guide is pretty close to actually creating a stable and smooth game.

Now a lot of questions for you @hishutup. sorry since some of them are kinda difficult questions or you might not have the answer.

1. Is NifSe needed anymore since Deadly Reflex and Unnecessary Violence are out of the guide?

2. Do you know how to get rid of all the clutter with the UI/HUD on my screen from Oblivion XP and HUD Alive? Neither really say how to customize the UI..

3. How will Optimised Distant Land MAX fit in with the other LOD type things such as LOD Noise Replacer, Modified Qarls Normals, and Tes4ll? I don't really know much about what they all do, but can ODLMAX be used with them?

4. The IC marketplace is bugging out and Better Cities says I need to lower Better Imperial City.esp or Better Cities IC Market.esp in my load order, but I don't have either...know why that is?

1. Nope, although I dont know if there are any other dependencies.

2. I'd have to look at the xml file and even then it would be a task and a half. I guess there can be an edited version for Mythic Dawn that the guide recommends but this would be down the road.

3. I dont think ODLMax is needed anymore since Tes4ll is part of the guide but I had it in there are core for people that dont use UL or Tes4ll. LOD Noise isnt replaced by anything other than that mod if I remember correctly. As for Modified Normals, I dont remember if this is something to be replaced by Tes4ll.

4. Nope, sorry.

I'll throw the HUD xml thing in the to-do list.

And okay I just saw that ODLMax was recommended by Better Cities to improve fps but if you don't think it is needed I'll take it off.

I'm currently trying out all the texture mods I wrote down to see if any look better but so far none of them really do.

Edit:

Oh, also do you know if there is a mod in the guide that changes the rain? Because currently it looks really bad....

Edited by SynthetikHD

I'll throw the HUD xml thing in the to-do list.

And okay I just saw that ODLMax was recommended by Better Cities to improve fps but if you don't think it is needed I'll take it off.

I'm currently trying out all the texture mods I wrote down to see if any look better but so far none of them really do.

Edit:

Oh, also do you know if there is a mod in the guide that changes the rain? Because currently it looks really bad....

Downpour

I have several mods to be looked at like TWMP Locations

I've seen Downpour before, so I'll check it out.

Whatever mod is currently changing the rain, which I think is All Natural.. is really bad, lolhttps://i.imgur.com/TMQbv41.jpg

Edit:

Also should this https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45567/?

be replaced with this https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46195/?

It's by the same author.

Edit 2:

Is Detailed Terrain needed anymore now that there's OR?

Edited by SynthetikHD

Hi! First off, I wanna say thanks for the great guide you've been coming up with. I'm just getting back into Oblivion after almost 5 or 6 years and this guide has been invaluable.

Just one thing, though.

I know you just recently switched from BOSS to LOOT for your load order sorter. However, from everything I've read, it seems like BOSS is still the preferred sorter when it comes to Oblivion. Not so much for Skyrim, Fallout, NV. I remember reading a post recently by Vorians (maintainer of Better Cities) that he recommended BOSS over LOOT because of the way they differed in sorting the Better Cities plugins.

The official BOSS page (https://boss-developers.github.io/) even admits that LOOT is recommended for Skyrim, Fallout, and NV, but not for Oblivion in certain cases.

Just my two cents.  ::):

Hey thanks. Actually I was literally just about to post this. Better Cities is an absolute mess with LOOT and I've been trying to get a decent load order going for a couple hours with no luck.

I think I'll change it back to BOSS and add the masterlist rules back in that were taken out. Unless @hishutup can make BC work with LOOT, which I don't really think is possible.

Hey Synthetik,

Not sure if you're getting the same issue but I see a lot of fish out of water : ) At first I thought it was just a nice touch, there were a few on the beach etc and it looked kinda cool. But then I noticed that they are literally everywhere near every body of water that has fish.

The fish seem to come from Alive Waters, not sure if they are all from just this mod or if some are vanilla fish. However I'm not sure what exactly it's conflicting with (could be anything that alters land placement I guess)

Hmm...Alive Waters was my first thought of being the cause. I don't have the problem with fish and I also didn't install Alive Waters this time around, so I'm sure it is Alive Waters even though I had that mod before and didn't have a fish problem.

I'd make sure you have the .esps unchecked or personally just uninstall the mod because basically rendering a bunch of grass and weeds on a lake floor that you will never see and scripted fish that move but you will never see either seems like a waste.

LOOT will work and yes its a mess because loot works off a different system than rigid rules. I was going to jot the important ones down but I dont have the guide installed and I've been doing other things.

Keep LOOT until it is proven that it will just not work.

I like BOSS more than LOOT but the number of rules is annoying.

EDIT: Alive Waters may also have landscape records so it should load fairly early.

LOOT will work and yes its a mess because loot works off a different system than rigid rules. I was going to jot the important ones down but I dont have the guide installed and I've been doing other things.

Keep LOOT until it is proven that it will just not work.

I feel like the number of rules to get BC working with LOOT will be pretty close to the number of rules for BOSS to work with everything else, but alright. Sigh, well looks like the game will be pretty unplayable until you do the LOOT rules whenever that will be.  :ermm: