What priority for Cleaned Master Files?

Ellegon

Question

Hi all,

I just started with modding and watched Gophers excellent series almost completely. I learned a lot but in the end I got confused over a little detail.

So far I understand how the load order works. I can also see the importance of the priority of a mod because of the resources. However, I have a mix up with the priority for cleaned master files.

Here's what I've done:

I cleaned the master files (update.esm, dawnguard.esm, hearthfires.esm, dragonborn.esm). I put them into folders in the Mod Organizer structure called "Update - Clean" etc., then I put the "dirty ones" back. I did this to avoid Steam overwriting them.

Now in the Plugins list, the files are sorted through Loot and I'm sure it works. However, in the Mods List I have the Mod "Dawnguard - Clean" (with the cleaned one) and "Unmanaged: Dawnguard" as a Non-MO category mod. How do I prioritize those? The cleaned after the unmanaged? Or the cleaned first? Does it matter at all?

It's probably a minor thing, but I want to have it as proper as possible. Therefore every help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question