Immersive Jewelry (by Forteverum)

brokenpaine

I'll admit that it sounds awesome, at the same time I loath mods adding weight to the currency. I don't understand why this mod adds it, it's about jewelry what does it have to with money weight?

The author has stated on the mods description page and in this thread a weightless coins version is available. personally I prefer weight to my coins. You deal with it by using the "Exchange Currency" mod as the description explains. These notes given to you are very lore friendly and very close to how the banking system worked in the medieval and early renaissance.

Future mods can exploring the excitement of "Immersive Double Entry Book Keeping", HDT titteh mods to display the health of your fractional reserve banking. I personally can not wait for Gamwich's rustic fiat currencies.

Joking aside all respect to to Forteverrum, great mod now part of my standard build.

It's supposed to be like alchemy, where you experiment and learn throughout the course of a playthrough. You never thought alchemy was something you didn't have time for, and would be better with a system where you just made potions instantly, did you?

Yes, I have quite often. I would much prefer a system where I knew what the ingredients did but simply couldn't access some of the effects until my skill in Alchemy was high enough. Skyrim's system allows me to experiment and and make absolutely any potion with a starting character with no alchemy skill. The only thing that changes over time with my skill is the strength of the effect.

Those enchanting and economy parts of the mod are why I haven't actually used it. I loved the idea of better and more logical jewelry placement, but the mod does too many other things for my taste. It's still a great mod though and all that really matters is that it works the way you want it to work.

Those enchanting and economy parts of the mod are why I haven't actually used it. I loved the idea of better and more logical jewelry placement, but the mod does too many other things for my taste. It's still a great mod though and all that really matters is that it works the way you want it to work.

If it's really true that these are the only reasons you haven't used it, then simply use the twink version of the .esp with no coin and ingot weight, and delete one of the two scripts from the folder. The script in question is "IJGeomancy.pex"; the other is our "IJRingSwap.pex". All that will remain is the levelled lists and placed jewelry in all its variation.

What I did was make enchanting more like vanilla alchemy, but from what you've just said it sounds like you like neither vanilla enchanting, vanilla alchemy, nor Immersive Jewelry enchanting.

Edited by Forteverum

If deleting two script is all it takes to make it an improved vanilla experience then I would like it be considered for inclusion in STEP extended. We already have coin replacer for Nordic ruins, Dwemer etc. This would be a logical extension of that.

Forteverum does the "IJRingSwap.pex" just manage the left and right hand ring swapping?

• +1 1

If deleting two script is all it takes to make it an improved vanilla experience then I would like it be considered for inclusion in STEP extended. We already have coin replacer for Nordic ruins, Dwemer etc. This would be a logical extension of that.

Forteverum does the "IJRingSwap.pex" just manage the left and right hand ring swapping?

Only one script actually: IJGeomancy.pex. I could even bundle a separate download without the script if people strictly wanted the vanilla experience - or, of course, make it an MCM toggle.

Speaking of lore, though, I'd like to point out the ballad I wrote called "The Five Humours of Y'ffre", and "The Archidoxes of Talismata", the astrological book explaining the Aedras' patronage over metals, which explain the enchanting system in a very lore friendly way. If Coin Replacer redux makes the dungeons lore friendly, then the sense of folklore added to gems and metals hopefully does too.

And yes, the IJRingSwap.pex manages the left and right hand swapping. Coincidentally, the last poster, CDCooley, is the one that made it work.

Iambic Pentameter and in three acts?

Keep in mind, was not once being down on the mod - just slightly intimidated by how much is added. You make good and valid points, none of which I argue. I spend a lot of time in Skyrim as it is just getting from one point to another... spending even more figuring out this new aspect is daunting. Thanks for the clues and whatnot, but I'm still gonna hold off until my next playthrough. (If for no other reason, at this point, than I actually HAVE a stable build and am loathe to screw with it.)

Iambic Pentameter and in three acts?

Keep in mind, was not once being down on the mod - just slightly intimidated by how much is added. You make good and valid points, none of which I argue. I spend a lot of time in Skyrim as it is just getting from one point to another... spending even more figuring out this new aspect is daunting. Thanks for the clues and whatnot, but I'm still gonna hold off until my next playthrough. (If for no other reason, at this point, than I actually HAVE a stable build and am loathe to screw with it.)

Alternating iambic pentameter - 15/10 abab, cause it's a ballad!

Oh well, just trying to say that it's not meant to be intimidating, but engrossing. There's a sort of unstated rule of thumb about not messing with load order during playthroughs anyway!

• +1 1

I wasn't aware that you could have the mod unaffected by gold weight, my apologizes. Having said that though I can't find it, is it in a main file option or is it the Return of the Twink? Also if the gold goes back to weightless does that mean the mod doesn't require the Exchange Currency mod as well?

That's right, it's Return of the Twink. And no, I guess you wouldn't really have any benefit from Exchange Currency's banknotes if you had infinite gold weight - except for one thing: with Exchange Currency you can use gold and silver bars and ingots as legal tender, getting the full value for them on trade in, so that you don't have to sell them.

What happens if two mods use the same body slot for an item? Will the mod lower in load order take precedence?

It seems that all slots are already in use in my game, so I would have to make some choices I guess.

No, load order doesn't even matter. It just means that you can't wear both of those items at the same time, because each will kick the other out of the slot. So if while you're playing you only have/find one of them that uses that slot, you won't notice.

• +1 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've updated the mod with patches for both Wintermyst and Perkus Maximus.

The Wintermyst Patch applies the Wintermyst enchantments to all the diverse Immersive Jewelry items and properly places them in the right cultural treasure chests (Nordic, Forsworn, or Dwemer), both of which the regular Wintermyst Patcher cannot do. It also incorporates Wintermyst enchantments into the bending feature for gem and metal type that is part of Immersive Jewelry.

Most people cannot get through the Patchus Maximus process without a null.lang exception error because of the amount of items in Immersive Jewelry. The Perkus Maximus patch can be placed after a completed PatchusMaximus.esp that was finished without Immersive Jewelry being loaded, and will do all the same things as the Wintermyst patch.

• +1 1

• 1 month later...

I'm looking forward to giving this a try, and i personally love the idea of near-infinite variety of loot, nuances in crafting - even adding weight to coins is perfectly fine by me!

My one and only concern is this line from the mod page:

However, every other piece of jewelry in the mod looks best with CBBE

I've always been a fan of UNP, and as a Skyrim Revisited LE user, I'm currently giving UNPB a try. I play in 1st person mode, so I'm not particularly worried my character wearing them - but how much of a dealbreaker is it for the rest of the jewelry-wearing world? I'm envisioning NPC's walking around with amulets jutting out like rhino horns.

It doesn't have to be screenshot perfect for me - i just don't want it to be immersion-breakingly ridiculous.

I have no experience with the way these things work. Is it hugely, glaringly noticeable to mix jewelry and body types?